Individual Paper Assessment criteria
Maximum 1000 words
Format: Report Format
Newspaper Analysis (Written report):
1) Choose a topic from Micro economics that matters to you and find a recent news article covering that topic. Following are some of the topics from where students need to choose ONLY one topic:
- Monopolies, Duopoly and Oligopolies in Australia
- Demand and supply of certain resources in Australia
- Costs of production in manufacturing industry in Australia
- Reforms in Education, Meat, Agriculture and Tourism Industries in Australia. Choose ONLY ONE industry out of this list.
PL see the additional guidelines provided for this assignment.
2) Evaluate the article using Economic concepts. You should include
? The essence of the story (1 to 2 paragraphs): Introduce the issue, who is interested in it and why.
? The economic analysis (2 to 3 paragraphs): Explain how you can present the issue in terms of economic concepts and theories you have learnt in class.
(Note: Economic concepts and theories taught in the class, please see at the last)
? Explain your view (1 to 2 paragraphs): Explain what actions you would recommend to the key players and/or policy holders.
? Explain how the above analysis supports your conclusion (1 to 2 paragraphs).
3) You may provide graphs/charts/diagrams where necessary to enhance your presentation style.
4) Students need to submit ONLY the Soft copy and upload on BB by that time.
1) Critical thinking skills
2) Clarity of writing and ability to express your ideas
3) Ability to use economic concepts and theories in the context of the news article.
4) References at the end
Economic concepts and theories taught in the class:
From these above topics which taught till now in the class. Please mention the concepts/topics/points/theories which is related to the topic of the assignment.
And make the assignment as per the above all guidelines