HLT51612 DIPLOMA IN NURSING
HLTAP401B Confirm Physical Health Status
Student Name: _____________________________ Group: ________________
Lecturer: __________________________¬_________ Date: __________________
Assessment Task 5
For this Assessment the following applies:
• Assessments must be word processed. You must use:
? Arial font
? Size 12
? 1.5 spacing
? Print off a copy and hand to your Assessor
• Where applicable reference any work that is not your own using the style described in the student handbook
• Where applicable create a bibliography at the back of your work to show where you have accessed information used in your assessment
• Make sure your name and student ID is on every sheet of paper of your assessment, including Group Assessments
• Submit your Assessment by the due date either to your Trainer or to a member of the Administration team
• Complete an Assessment cover sheet for each Assessment that you submit. For Group Assessments make sure you list everyone’s name and ID’s on the cover sheet. Assessment cover sheets are available from your Trainer and Reception.
• To successfully complete and to be deemed competent in the above units, you must achieve a result of “Satisfactory” for each assessment task
Employability skills are embedded into the Assessment and unit of competency. Each Assessment has been mapped to the unit of competency and as such ensures the Employability Skills are assessed correctly.
CTA will make reasonable adjustments at your request to this assessment before the assessment commences. Reasonable adjustment will be made as per the information provided to you in the Student Handbook. Reasonable adjustment will not apply under the following circumstances:
• Evidence of alcohol or drug misuse
• Late arrival
Tips for submitting your Assessment
When submitting your Assessment, use the following as a guide to ensure your success:
• Have you answered all the questions to the best of your ability?
• Have you made sure all spelling and grammar mistakes have been corrected?
• If you have written your Assessment, is it legible and easy to read?
• Is your name and ID on each sheet of paper?
• Have you taken note of and ensured you have met the due date for submitting your assessment?
• Have you referenced correctly?
• Have you kept a copy of your assessment?
Ask questions if you are experiencing difficulty or do not understand what a question or Assessment task is asking you to do. Your Trainer is highly skilled at offering you support and guidance when necessary
Answer all of the questions using your own words and ensure you use the correct medical terminology. There is no word count; however answer each question and its relevant dot point in full, bullet points are not an acceptable form of answer.
1. For each of the following systems, choose 2 common disorders. Describe problems or complaints associated with the disorders. Explain the signs and systems that a client may present with the condition.
o Aortic stenosis
o Cystic Fibrosis
o Celiac Disease
o Ulcerative colitis
o Cronhs disease
o Diabetes – Type 1
o Diabetes – Type 2
o Cushing syndrome
o Addison’s disease
o Graves’ disease
o Hashimotos disease
o Pelvic Inflammatory disease
o Prostate cancer
o Uterine Cancer
o Spinal cord injury
o Muscular Dystrophy
o Motor Neurone Disease
o Gullian Barre Syndrome
o Rheumatoid Arthritis
o Kidney stones
o Urinary Incontinence
o Bladder cancer
o Nephrotic syndrome
o Carpel tunnel syndrome
o Rheumatoid arthritis
o Hodgkin’s Disease
o Glandular Fever
2. For 1of the disorder, from each system listed in question 1, explain in your own words if the disorder is caused by any of the items listed below. For example does a pathogen cause hypothyroidism- you must justify your response
b. Is an inherited genetic condition
d. Toxins or other environmental hazards
e. Nutritional deficiency or over indulgence
f. Degenerative changes in vital organs
g. The loss of normal control mechanisms
3. For the disorder you have chosen in question 2, discuss the potential impact the following has in relation to the disorder
a. Physical factors such as a disability
b. Mental health factors
c. Emotional factors such as death of a family member
d. Health interventions for example physiotherapy, medication, diet change.
e. When should a referral to a medical, nursing or allied health professional be made