Resit Coursework – July 2017
Module Code: USSKB6-15-2
Module Title: Microbiology
Module Leader: Shona Nelson
Resit Coursework Submission Deadline: Tuesday 11th July, 2017 at 2:00 pm
Online submission via Blackboard
This resit coursework is comprised of TWO assignments. They are weighted 75% essay, 25% data interpretation exercise. Both should be attempted.
Write an essay of 1,000 words (+/- 10%) on the following:
Using named examples, illustrate how knowledge of microbial physiology and metabolic pathways is beneficial to medical and/ or industrial microbiologists.
(NB “Industrial” microbiology could include the pharmaceutical industry and/or food industry, for example. Relevant topics could include development of bacteriological culture media, traditional identification techniques or production of useful products by microorganisms, for instance).
You should list all sources of information cited in a reference list and any other sources of information consulted (but not cited) in a bibliography. The word count should not include your references and the author citations within the text.
• Your essay should be in the region of 1,000 words (+/- 10%).
• The references (and citations) used do not form part of the word count.
• The essay should typed in font size 12 and double-spaced.
• All reference sources cited within your essay should be listed in a reference list, and other sources used, but from which you have not directly cited, should be given in a bibliography.
• You should use the UWE Harvard referencing system.
• The library website also has referencing information in the iSkillZone:
• Your final essay should be run through SafeAssign before online submission.