Case Scenario 1:
REFERRAL TO ALLIED HEALTH ASSISTANT
DATE: 4th November 2016
REFERRING THERAPIST: Alison Thiel (OT)
CLIENT NAME: Mrs Jones
UR NUMBER: 123456
DIAGNOSIS: Rheumatoid arthritis
SOCIAL SITUATION: Lives alone. Supportive daughter lives nearby.
REASON FOR REFERRAL: Difficulty cutting food and using utensils.
1. Would , like any further information? If so, what do you want to know and how would you go about getting more information?
2. Provide a brief outline of the medial condition your dient has,
3. How is this medial condition likely to affect the function of your client? Consider Mobility, transfers, PADL, DADL, CADL, social, roles
4. Without knowing yet about other medial co-morbidities, what are the clients functional strengths like, to be?
5. What resources/equipment would you need to prepare prior to seeing your client, (min 4)
6. What other preparation would be required once you received the referral,
7. Where would you hold your semion/s and why,
8. Upon meeting your client/carer for the first time, what do you want to disc.ss prior to commencing your intervention?
9. W.I•diaetn:zsclity, i the ntervention involve? What are you going to do with your client to help them regain function in the area
10. What strategies are you going to use to assist with supporting, motivating and encouraging clients and carers,
11. Hdm= otuyvia,laus,aete,==t;:trogress or ability to ensure that they were continuing to improve their function, or