To deliver a plan for a Graduate Walk that will advance student support by USC alumni.
Request for Proposal (RFP)
Reference Number: MGT210S12017
The Graduate Walk campaign was successfully completed and recently launched as part of the 20-year anniversary of the University of the Sunshine Coast. The resulting walk was created opposite the Sippy Downs library steps, adjacent the grassy area between K and B blocks. Information about this can be found by visiting the USC website or googling for information:
Your Project Team is invited to respond to this request for proposal to develop a project management plan that would enable replication of this project every 2-5 years as an ongoing means of generating financial support for future USC students. The next graduate walk would not be required before June 2018. This is about
• Deconstructing how the university’s project team may have done this;
• Developing a project management plan for others to be able to implement.
Preliminary Task – develop a Project Charter
Your Project Team, based on information, sought from and/or provided by the Project Sponsor, initially will submit a project charter (agreement) to secure the opportunity to develop and submit a project management plan.
• This project charter must be submitted to the Project Sponsor, or their representative, in your respective tutorial of Week 5. An indicative template for the project charter, outlining major areas of consideration, will be provided. Your Project Team may wish to provide additional content as deemed appropriate.
• NB: this document needs to be agreed to by both parties in writing and included as an appendix to the Project Plan
Phase 1 – preliminary Project Management Plan development
Your Project Team will, following full scoping of the project, provide a preliminary project management plan to the Project Sponsor, or their representative, no later than 6pm on Wednesday (Week 11).
• An indicative template for the preliminary project plan, outlining major areas of consideration, will be provided.
• Your Project Team may wish to provide additional content as deemed appropriate. Subject to Project Sponsor representative’s approval, the Project Team will be paid a hypothetical fee of $2,000 for the provision of this document (this figure to be included in the Phase 1 preliminary project management plan budget).
The total expenditure budget allocated for the development of this project management plan, exclusive of any project management fees, is anticipated not to exceed $20,000. The project must have defined and quantified ROI targets.
For further information please contact your allocated project sponsor (your lecturer)
Please see the Task 2 Assessment folder on Blackboard for additional information regarding the completion of this two-part task.