1500 - 2000 words worth 25%
HC1041 IT for Business
Trimester 1 2017
Date Due: Friday Week 11 by 5:00 PM
Marks: Weighting 25%
Student Name (Block letters) Student Number:
Individual Assignment Requirements
You are to research a real life business example of your choice and the impact of IT on that business.
1) Does your chosen business need IT?
2) Why IT is important for business survival?
3) What is required to apply IT into your chosen business? (I.e. cost, planning, designing, equipment, installation, training, etc...)
4) How does your chosen business use IT? (internally such as employees, and externally such as customers, suppliers)
5) What benefits and advantages does IT bring to your chosen business? (I.e. revenue, flexibility, reduces cost, etc....)
6) What type of risks does IT bring to your chosen business? (i.e. security, privacy, confidentiality)
7) How can your chosen business maintain and monitor IT?
Your report will be assessed on the quality of your research and report presentation.
Discussion must be relevant to your chosen business. Your report is to be in the style of a business report. There is a limit of ten pages excluding appendices.
You can choose a business from any of the following industries:
• Food processing
• Banking and finance
• Printing and publishing
• Computer gaming
Trip Advisor --https://www.tripadvisor.com.au/
Commonwealth Bank of Australia — https://www.commbank.com.au/
Qantas — https://www.ciantas.com/au/en.html
HC1041 IT for Business - Trimester 1 2017 1
Assessment 2 Criteria (Individual Assignment 25%)
Clear statement of purpose, clarity of methods and assumptions;
systematic approach to project.
2. Use of resources:
Application of relevant course concepts, tools and frameworks use of 25 evidences, engagement with the literature.
• Balanced coverage of each of the important points,
• Richness of analysis; 60
• Flow of ideas;
• Validity of objectives,
• Use of own insight and originality;
• Feasibility of recommendations and implementation consideration
4. Organization and Presentation:
Clarity of structure, quality of presentation, style and readability.
Title page, Table of contents, List of abbreviations and/or glossary,
Executive summary/abstract, Introduction, Body, Conclusion
Recommendations, Bibliography, Appendices
5. Citation practice:
Appropriate citation of sources and evidences used.