Two requirements are worthy of note :
1. Students must use APA referencing in their assessments - see
student.csu.edu.au/studylreferencing-at-csu for more details.
2. Students must submit their assessment using Turnitin.com.
**Full details of how to set up an account on Turnitin and submit an essay are included in a short two page guide found in the Resources folder in Interact2.**
**Please use only the details in this guide, they are specific to this subject. Do not use other IDs given to you by other personnel within CSU.**
Assessment item 3
Ethics Leadership & Decision Making
Due date: 26-May-2017
Return date: 19-Jun-2017
Length: 3000 words
Submission method options
Alternative submission method
Write a 3000 word essay in which you:
• Use an organisation that is or has been in the news during the past two years (work-related learning) and identify an ethical dilemma faced by that organisation as an example.
• Apply at least two theoretical concepts from managerial ethics to examine this dilemma critically.
• Go on to examine and critically evaluate how these theoretical concepts influence managerial practices in the chosen organisation.
• In conclusion, reflect critically on how leaders may ensure organisational decisions are made ethically.
• Academic and professional communication skills: You must follow an essay structure that is at a minimum an introduction; a main body that outlines the argument, analyses the material you have researched and assesses this according to the guidelines above; and a conclusion.Your writing style must follow professional literacy: Citations and a final reference list that follows the APA 6 guidelines accurately; the quality of writing and presentation: accurate mechanics (spelling, grammar, punctuation etc.); use respectful language to discuss all people; avoid emotive language; employ inclusive, non-sexist language. Use a minimum of ten (10) citations/references
In short, you will need to demonstrate an understanding and critical analysis of the theories surrounding the topic, as well as evaluating the practical reality in the workplace. Please refer to relevant academic literature and source materials, as well as drawing upon your knowledge of the organisation.
This assignment is designed to address Learning Objectives 1 to 5 (see above) by :
• familiarising students with the various theories relating to organisations and organisational planning and control.
• encouraging students to discern the strengths and weaknesses of the wide array of theoretical contributions;
• encouraging students to use empirical evidence to support their arguments.