vodafone AU 3G 22:29 87% (m)
Assessment item 3
Major Assignment - Part 2
Due date: 26-May-2017
Return date: 19-Jun-2017
Length: Approx 3,000 to 3,500 words
Submission method options
Alternative submission method
This assessment item is Part 2 of your International Business Report and focuses on Topics 7 to 12 of this unit.
Having now completed a major analysis of the environment in which your business will operate you will need to prepare Part 2 of your International Business Report which will offer strategy recommendations to your organisation. Your assessment will again be in report format and should cover the following:
Executive Summary (a 2 page (maximum) summary of key findings, strategies and outcomes).
Introduction to the report.
Brief background to company and selected international country: ie brief approx 2 page synopsis of Assessment 1 (Topics 1-6 as well).
Additional analysis reflecting your further country analysis (Topic 7)
Recommendation for entry mode and multinational structure/competitive strategy with justification (Topics 8 and 9)
Marketing and R&D considerations (Topic 10)
Recommendations regarding production (Topic 11)
International HRM issues and considerations (Topic 12)
References in APA format
Note that you need to ensure that you refer to the theories covered in the Topics 7 to 12 within your report demonstrating your understanding of these theories and concepts and their application to international business. As with the first part of this Task, you are expected to find sources beyond your textbook to strengthen your arguments.
The aims of the assignment are:
• to provide you with an opportunity to apply the theoretical ideas and models you have studied to a real organisation;
• demonstrate the application of the knowledge gained in the first six (6) topics to the development of strategies and marketing decisions in an international market (Topics 7-10);
• allow you to develop your information searching and critical thinking skills; and
• provide you with further experience in academic writing.
It addresses the following learning objectives for this subject:
• be able to identify general and specific issues as well as new trends facing managers of international business operations, and design strategies to respond to these issues;
• be able to research and evaluate the attractiveness and viability of conducting business in specific locations around the globe;
• be able to research and recommend appropriate strategies for the form, location