Assessment task 2 - Individual Essay
Due date: May 12, 5pm (Friday Week 10)
Length and/or format: 1500 words
Purpose: To develop your familiarity with the language and tools of economic analysis and reasoning by critically analysing a contemporary issue.
Learning outcomes assessed:
• demonstrate an understanding of the basic methodology of economic analysis
• analyse the role and the impact of government intervention on that system
• demonstrate an understanding of the macro economy
• assess the impact of different market structures on consumers and business
How to submit: Turnitin 5 pm Friday of Week 10
Return of assignment: Within 2 weeks
Assessment criteria: See rubric attached to end of unit outline
Students will for analyse the economic conditions facing first time investors entering the stock market by applying the economic theories and concepts introduced in the Unit. The objective of the Individual Essay is to illustrate the application of economic concepts and theories to a real-world issue. Thus you will be required to review economic concepts that apply to your task, such as:
• demographic changes –
• economic growth rates
• inflation/deflation expectations
• monetary and fiscal policy
Assessed on the following (rubric)
1. Introduction - An outstanding introduction, clearly explaining your standpoint proposition and introducing a general background to your topic.
2. Knowledge - Displays a good grasp of the learning material, appropriate theories and their applications.
3. Arguments - Demonstrates high standard of insight and originality.
5. Report organization - Extraordinarily organised presentation with respect to organisation, clarity of expression, grammar, punctuation, pagination, spacing)