Can you please assist me in the following assessment BSBMGT516 Facilitate Continuous Improvement.
Total words Under 1000
Below are the questions for your reference for the TASK - Case Study
Read the case study “ABC Shop Supplies Pty Ltd’’ below and address each point with specific reference to the case study:
1. Develop strategies to ensure that, if you were managing a project team to work on the case, each group member is actively encouraged and supported to participate in decision making processes, assume responsibility and exercise initiative as appropriate. (minimum 50 words)
2. Apply the DMAIC approach (The DMAIC plan has to be appropriately developed. One liners are not satisfactory when planning for this type of intervention. You have to demonstrate ability to critically analyse and address the requirements of the DMAIC approach when planning for improvements at ABC):
a) Define the project:
§ What are the greatest issues facing ABC as a business?
§ What are the biggest issues seen from the eyes of the customers?
§ What improvements do you aim to achieve? (Example: reduce turnover, improve morale; increase competitiveness, lower cost of servicing; improve market position, improve use of workspace etc...)
b) Develop a process map to describe how the supply process currently performs at ABC
c) Undertake a failure review by identifying things that are going wrong with the current process
d) Develop a measurement plan. What data needs to be collected? What will your team do with that data?
e) List the non-value steps in the current process.
f) Undertake a root cause analysis. Thinking about the issues that the company is experiencing, list and analyse the causes of the problems.
g) Suggest solutions for each issues and identify which ones are more effective and why. Include the expected outcomes for each solution you have identified.
h) Re-design the process to reflect improvements.
i) Suggest continuous improvement processes to be implemented in the organization and consider areas for further improvement when undertaking future planning.
In addition to that:
3. Describe and discuss:
o what organizational policies, procedures and standards would you consider to adjust and communicate strategies for improvements to stakeholders
o how organization’s continuous improvement processes will be communicated to stakeholders.
(Minimum 70 words)
o how the recording of work group performance will be planned and implemented.
o how group performances will be evaluated and opportunities for improvement identified for staff members at ABC.
(Minimum 70 words)
5. Discuss what types of mentoring and coaching processes will be effectively planned and implemented (describe your implementation process as well) to ensure that individuals and teams are able to implement and support the organization’s continuous improvement process. (Minimum 100 words)
6. Discuss how your change and improvement process meets sustainability requirements. (Minimum 50 words)
7. Develop a plan for knowledge management: how would you ensure that insights and experiences from business activities are captured and accessible through knowledge management systems? (Minimum 100 words)
8. What strategies would you develop and implement to ensure that systems and processes are used to monitor operational progress and to identify ways in which planning and operations could be improved? (Minimum 50 words)
9. Discuss the following:
o What processes would you establish to ensure that team members are informed of outcomes of continuous improvement efforts?
o How would you ensure that the recording of work performance assist in identifying further opportunities for improvement?
(Minimum 70 words)
ABC Shop Supplies Pty Ltd (ABC) is a company that sells packaging items and shopping bags (customised and not customised) to shops.
ABC was established 15 years ago with a vision to be leader in supplying retailers with the best packaging products and in providing exceptional customer service.
Unfortunately, as the company grew and demand increased there have been an increasing number of complaints from customer: there are delays in the acceptance of the orders; there are errors in the orders customers receive; when they complain, their complaint is not addressed timely and professionally.
The board feels the pressure but they cannot commit more financial resources to employ new staff.
ABC requires a plan for improvement.
The issues are:
- The Head Office where the customer service department and the account department work is in Melbourne CBD. The warehouse is in Geelong.
- The warehouse employees three staff. Mark has been with ABC since the beginning and he resists any type of change. Lukas and George were employed two months ago and they still have difficulties in finding items in the warehouse. Mark has very little patience with the two new employees so he insists in checking every order before it is shipped. Yet mistakes are made due to errors in labelling and organizing items in the warehouse.
- Mark is the one in charge of customer complaints and he is the one who deals directly with Head Office.
Errors in the warehouse when picking items for shipping are estimated at 45% of the total orders.
- Customers place their orders with the Customer Service Officer, Samantha, (CSO) at Head Office. As part of the process, the CSO has to complete a credit check by calling the account department.
- The account department is very busy due to the increased workload and they tend not to answer all calls, which means that the credit checks, either when the order is submitted via the ABC website or via phone, takes long time and the order cannot be confirmed with the customer in a timely manner.
- Once the credit check is completed and the order approved, the CSO sends the order to the warehouse where an order slip is printed for the warehouse staff to collect the items and prepare the shipment of the order to customers.
- The account department where the account manager, Mary, and her assistant work, is feeling under pressure and they are late providing account reports to the board.
- The CSO is quite frustrated as she deals with the customer complaints first hand before she passes the complaints to Mark to rectify the order, organize the pick-up of the wrong items from customers and send the correct order to customers.
ABC has identified the following goals to be achieved:
· To reduce the cycle time of process from order to delivery to customer by 50%
· To introduce quality practices into the process to reduce customer complaints to zero by eliminating incidents of customer receiving the wrong items
· To introduce a culture of continuous improvement
· To improve work relationships and cohesiveness among departments and improve morale
You are required to design a project for improvement following the DMAIC approach. You do not have the option of employing more staff or making anyone redundant.
End of Page ...