ASSESSMENT 2 Report
Due Date 11:55pm Sunday April 30, 2017
Method of Submission This assessment task has been set up to be checked by Turnitin, a tool for checking if it has unreferenced content. You can submit your assessment task to Turnitin prior to the due date and Turnitin will give you an originality report. You can then make any changes that may be required and re-submit your final version by the due date.
Length 1500 words excluding Executive summary, References, Appendices
Subject Learning Outcomes I. Identify and critically review current approaches to health promotion at a local, national and international level
2. Critically analyse and discuss the application of health promotion theories within a specified setting
3. Analyse, critique and compare the application of health promotion initiatives in distinct settings, including a summary of the measures of success and sustainability.
Task By 2050 it is estimated that 70% of the world's population will be living in cities.
• Choose TWO identified impacts of living in cities and investigate health promotion initiatives implemented to address these impacts at a population level.
Write a report on your findings including how successful the initiatives have been and why.
Content: ( 30 marks)
• All relevant areas are discussed
• National and international literature is used to investigate the identified areas
• Relevant, comprehensive and integrated arguments are clearly stated
• Arguments are substantiated by reference to a wide range of research/theory literature
Assessment Criteria • Strengths and weaknesses of current knowledge are evaluated
Structure: (items 1, 2, 3 and 6 on self-assessment checklist) * (4 marks)
Referencing: (item 5 on self-assessment checklist) * (4 marks)
Presentation: (items 4 and 7 on self-assessment checklist) * (2 marks)
* The self-assessment checklist (structure, format and presentation of reports), included with this subject outline (see last pages).