Assessment Task No 1 Individual assessment
Length: 700 – 900 words
Date Due: Week 5 Weight: 10%
Review the use of Information Technology in the Tourism and Hospitality Industries. Students should provide real-life examples of companies and specific technologies as proof of statements in their essays.
Criteria used to grade this task
The essay should provide a summary of the use of Information Technology in the Tourism and Hospitality Industries:
• Types of information technologies relevant to tourism and hospitality.
• The synergies between the travel industry and information technology.
• The strategic applications of information technology in tourism organizations and destinations - purchase of hospitality products and services.
• How the Internet can be used by travellers and travel organizations and categorize different types of travel sites found on the Internet.
• Online information search process and the factors that influence search rankings. See Separate Marking Guide for detailed marking allocation.
You must use at least 5 references (Wikipedia is NOT permitted). All use of information obtained from references must be cited and a list of all references must be provided. The APA referencing style must be used.
Submissions must be online via the Drop Box in the LMS
Feedback and Return of Work
Feedback and marks will be provided via the LMS within two weeks of submission