MGT701: Managing Organisations.
Task 2: Individual Essay
Length: 2000 words
Due: Week 9, Thursday at 5 p.m (AEST)
Question: Discuss the relationship between individual personality at work and employee motivation by reviewing the current research trends of one dimension of personality and one theory of motivation. Provide practical recommendations that would be useful for an organisational audience.
The recommendations and conclusions should provide practical implications and recommendations for an organisational audience.
FYI: I will use the criteria sheet below to provide you with a score against each criteria – so be sure to address each criteria appropriately.
Criteria Points Grade
1. Describes the current research trends and developments of a personality dimension 60
2. Describes the current research trends and developments of a motivation theory
3. Identifies limitations of both constructs in their applications (i.e., research criticisms – challenges of implementation)
4. Discusses implications for application in the workplace. 50
5. Provides practical recommendations (4) for an organisational audience. 50
4. Quality of presentation including well written introduction/conclusions, good clarity of expression, professionalism of layout and formatting. Free of grammar and spelling mistakes.