Assignment 3 Ethics and sustainability analysis
Due: 26 May 2017 11.00 PM
Length: 2,000 words max.
Submission: You must follow the same instructions as for assignment 1. Remember that an assignment which has a Turnitin Originality Report which shows a text match of more than 10% is not considered submitted and will not be accepted.
1. Select one important sustainability issue of global significance and express this issue in no more than one short sentence (2 marks).
Note: you cannot select a ‘climate change’ related sustainability issue as this is the issue chosen for the demonstration example provided in the online discussion.
2. Describe the main environmental elements of your chosen global sustainability issue (5 marks).
3. Describe the critical social elements of this global sustainability issue
4. Describe the key economic elements of this global sustainability issue
5. Identify two major ethical problems which are strongly connected with your chosen global sustainability issue (2 marks).
6. Discuss the two ethical problems identified in part 5 drawing on relevant ethical theory (8 marks).
7. Your chosen global sustainability issue presents both significant threats and opportunities for business. Discuss these major threats and opportunities.
Your chosen global sustainability issue will contain multiple causes of unsustainability and will cause actions which are considered unethical. You are required to propose an ethical and sustainable solution to the problems which underpin this global sustainability issue. This proposed solution should address causes of unsustainability, as well as financial, technological and behavioural barriers to removing these causes of unsustainability