Assessment item 2
Consumers as social beings
Due date: 18-Apr-2017
Return date: 10-May-2017
Length: 2,000 words
Submission method options
Alternative submission method
Social influences impact product and brand purchase decision at all stages of the consumer
purchase decision process.
1. You are required to identify at least two social influences that are relevant to the consumers of your firm or the firm you intend to work for (choose one product/service if more than one is offered by your firm) and analyse, specific to your firm, how the two or more social influences (culture, social class or reference groups) impact on the consumer purchase decision process.
2. Draw on the theories in chapters 2-4 to discuss how marketers (in your firm) can apply this critical understanding of social influences on consumer behaviour to improve/enhance your firm''s marketing strategies (4 Ps or 7 Ps, targeting, market segmentation).
- Make sure that you draw sufficiently on theoretical concepts of consumer behaviour in your
- When you are discussing particular concepts make sure that you define them first.
- You must not write more than 2000 words
- The paper must be accurately referenced with relevant up-to-date sources, using the APA 6
- A guide to the APA style of referencing and how to avoid unintentional plagiarism can be found at the Student Services website http://student.csu.edu.au/library/integay/referencing-at-csu or in pdf format
This assessment task covers topics 1, 2, 3, and 4 and has been designed to ensure that you are engaging with the subject content on a regular basis. More specifically it seeks to assess your ability to:
• analyse the buyer decision process and critique effects of situational influences on consumer purchases; and
• evaluate a variety of external factors and their influence on consumer behaviour;
• Examine social influences that affect consumer buying decisions
• Demonstrate a theoretical understanding and practical application of important aspects of consumer decision making and behaviour.
• Understand how the marketing or management actions of a firm may need to be changed in order to meet social impacts of consumer behaviour on decision making.
01: 04% -75%
ID: 100% • 85%
CR: 74% • 85%
original 9;0 75..0 0 lake and uondrand mulOplo
PS:134% • 50%
Utlle eaWence of
FL:49% • 0%
No avidente 04 Independent