Topic name: internet of thing (IoT) in cloud based e-health
WHAT TO DO:
1. Follow the Study Schedule and work with the Topics (Modules) in Interact as they provide a -scaffold- for your learning in this subject.
2. Develop a detailed Capstone Project Proposal and Plan using project management software (as listed in the Study Schedule) and the skills you have acquired from IT Project Management to develop a project plan with a Work Breakdown Structure (WBS), milestones and Gantt chart. These tools may help.
1. MicrosoftProject Pro (http://office.microsoft.com/en-au/project/);
2. Open source tools like GanttProject (http://www.ganttproject.biz/);
4. OpenProject (https://www.openproject.org/about).
5. ProjectLibre (http://www.projectlibre.org/)
3. Begin using the 'project blog' as a tool beyond the weekly progrees reports for your chosen emerging technology topic:
1. The blog is a way to not only -think by writing- and make your notes but also store project files and links in a cloud-based service.
2. Consider sharing the site with your peers as a way to tell a story and harness each others knowledge.
4. The blog is ideally updated each week with 3 or 4 entries for documenting your project notes and as the foundation for editing and writing the Capstone Project Report. An ideal blog entry will have around 50-150 words (150-600 words a week).
5. Group Work OPTION for Assessment Items (Not recommended for Online Study mode students): The Group Capstone Project Proposal and Plan is submitted by the team of three (3 maximum group size) for a group mark on a project proposal and plan that clearly indicates the Work Breakdown Structure (WBS), Role and Responsibilities of EACH member to carry an equal share of the load in the project work.
The Capstone Topic Project Plan allows for a broad range of project areas like systems administration, database systems, IT security, mobile technology etc. Often the project has a sponsor and is linked to your interest or workplace needs. The proposal has a research component (Assessment Item 3 Annotated Bibliography) so in some cases you may need to find a supervisor willing to accept you as a candidate.
The Learning Outcomes being assessed in this item include how you interpret and evaluate an overview of recent trends in emerging technologies and innovation and begin to to plan, execute, record and present your research and project work as a capstone experience.
Your Capstone Project Proposal and Plan will be evaluated with a series of questions that you can use as a Checklist:
• Is the capstone topic area appropriate?
• Has the Project Blog been setup?
• Has there been sufficient justification of the choice of the topic?
• Is there enough scope for a sufficiently deep/complex analysis?
• Is the scope appropriate for what might be reasonably expected in the capstone project subject?
• Is the methodology proposed clear?
• Are the deliverables clearly set out?
• Are the deliverables sufficiently complex to justify a pass in this activity?
• Is it likely that the proposed activities can be reasonably carried out?
• Is it likely that the student will have access to the necessary resources to do a satisfactory job?
• Is the time line proposed realistic?