Individual Assignment (Essay). Word limit: 1800 (There are penalties for exceeding the word
Due in Week 6, on Wednesday 24 December 2014 by 11: 59 pm. Worth 20%.
Attention! Submit this assignment online via Moodle Dropbox (Word files only/ no PDF,
please!). Late submission without a valid reason will attract penalty @ 10% per day.
Please prepare your essay well ahead of time so that you could run it through trial 'turn it in'
available on the Fed Uni's library website. After trial run, do the necessary changes and then
submit it through the Moodle drop box. Any mistake about referencing will cost you dearly!Course Description:
BUHRM 5912 Human Resource Management
CRICOS Provider Number 00103D Summer Semester 2014-2015 Page 6 of 16
Thoroughly investigate one of the following topic areas and discuss in relation to Human
Topic 1: Critically discuss the importance of achieving congruence between an organisation’s
strategy, structure and HRM practices.
Topic 2: Human resource planning involves an analysis of both the internal and external supply
of labour. Discuss the difference between these two areas of analysis and examine why both
are necessary for human resource planning to be accurate and effective.
You should draw on real-life work situations, research evidence and relevant HRM literature
beyond your text book to substantiate and illuminate your viewpoints.
Criteria for Assessment:
• evidence of appropriate reading & research (academic and other relevant journals, text and
reference books) and effective use of these materials;
• demonstrated understanding of the HRM topic;
• quality and completeness of the analysis and discussion;
• ability to analyse critical incidents and to apply HRM solutions;
• the development of an argument within a logical and consistent structure with a clear
introduction and conclusion;
• written expression & correct presentation (format, completed and signed cover page, word
count, line spacing, spell check etc.), and clarity of expression;
• use of in-text reference, completion of a full reference list using APA style.