Assessment details and criteria
Individual Assignment (Essay-Worth 20%). Word limit: 1800 (There are penalties for exceeding the word limit).
Due Date: Friday, 19th December 2014 by 11:59 pm (Week 5) online via MOODLE
Attention! Submit this assignment online via Moodle (word files only/ no PDF). If a hard copy is needed, submit it as per your lecturer's instruction. Late submission without a valid reason will attract penalty @ 10% per day.
Thoroughly investigate one of the following topic areas and discuss in relation to Human Resource Management.
Topic 1: Critically discuss the importance of achieving congruence between an organisation’s strategy, structure and HRM practices.
Topic 2: Human resource planning involves an analysis of both the internal and external supply of labour. Discuss the difference between these two areas of analysis and examine why both are necessary for human resource planning to be accurate and effective.
You should draw on real-life work situations (where verifiable), research evidence and relevant HRM literature beyond your text book to substantiate and illuminate your viewpoints.
Criteria for Assessment:
• evidence of appropriate reading & research (academic and other relevant journals, text and reference books) and effective use of these materials;
• demonstrated understanding of the HRM topic;
• quality and completeness of the analysis and discussion;
• ability to analyse critical incidents and to apply HRM solutions;
• the development of an argument within a logical and consistent structure with a clear introduction and conclusion;
• written expression & correct presentation (format, completed and signed cover page, word count, line spacing, spell check etc.), and clarity of expression;
use of in-text reference, completion of a full reference list using APA style.
BUHRM 5912 ASSIGNMENT 1 (1700 – 1900 words)
• Assignment cover template (Student ID & name, essay topic, lecture/tutor name, word count)
• Executive summary (1 paragraph)
• Introduction (1 paragraph) – of topic and general theory
• Body – to cover the arguments supported by examples and in-text-referencing
• Conclusion (1 paragraph)
• Reference list-APA Style (minimum 5 sources)