Assessment 3: Presentation 20%
Due Date: Weeks 7, 8, 9
Students are required to complete a 5-minute presentation.
Students will choose an agency that delivers services to vulnerable people in the Australian community and discuss the methods that agency uses to address power imbalance.
Some examples of disempowered clients could include
• People with a Disability;
• International students;
• Victims of Domestic Violence and abuse;
• People who are homeless
• Give an introduction/opening statement to introduce the main points that you will discuss in the presentation
• Provide a definition
• A minimum of 5 scholarly journal articles are required. Do NOT utilise sources such as www.tutor2u.com and other such web materials as these in no way constitute academic references for the purpose of your assignments. If you rely on such sources for theoretical support, you will be deemed NOT to have met the requirements of the assessment.
• Students are to use APA 7 report format (with subheadings) and referencing, both in-text and reference list, and include excerpts from at least 5 (scholarly) journals and the unit textbook.
Criteria for Presentation Weight: 100%
Presentation is clear (audio and visual) 15%
Clarity of concepts and structure: introduction, body and conclusion 20%
Thoroughness, accuracy, and depth of understanding 25%
Understanding of the 20%
Communication skills: tone of voice, non-verbal cues, body language, body posture and eye contact 20%