INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL OF MANAGEMENT AND TECHNOLOGY
Qualification Unit Number & Title
BTEC HND IN BUSINESS K/508/0574 - Unit 32: Business Strategy
Student Name Assessor Name
Assignment Launch Date Due Date Completion Date
12th September 2021 11th November 2021
Session/Year Assignment Number 1/1
Assignment Title Business Strategy
Assignment submission format
Each student has to submit their assignment as guided in the assignment brief. The students are guided what sort of information is to produce to meet the criteria targeted. You are required to make use of headings, paragraphs and subsections as appropriate, and all work must be supported with research and referenced using the Harvard referencing style.
Unit Learning Outcomes covered
? LO1: Analyze the impact and influence which the macro environment has on an organization and its business strategies.
? LO2: Assess an organization’s internal environment and capabilities.
? LO3: Evaluate and apply the outcomes of an analysis using Porter’s Five Forces model to a given market sector.
? LO4: Apply models, theories and concepts to assist with the understanding and interpretation of strategic directions available to an organization.
You enter into a strategic planning competition organized by one of the reputed manufacturing company with its own brand value and image in the local market. To add value to customers, company is planning to expand its business by launching a new product. The company recognizes that similar products have already been in the market.
In order to launch the new product, the company is planning to develop a detail strategic plan.
To contribute in the plan, you have been asked to prepare a research report which helps the senior management understand the impacts and influences the macro environment has on the organization and its business strategies, assess the organization' internal environment and capabilities. Further, you need to demonstrate that you can use the Porter’s Five Forces model to the current market sector and evaluate the outcomes and develop plan to apply them.
Part A: you are to complete an internal and external analysis that provides a basis for strategic planning. This part demonstrates the following.
• Using PESTLE and SWOT, analyze the impact and influence of the macro environment on the organization and its strategies and offer critical analytical views how the macro environment determine and provide information to the management to make business decisions.
• Analyze the internal environment and capabilities using the information drawn from PESTLE and SWOT.
• Critically evaluate the internal environment to assess strengths and weaknesses of the organization's capabilities.
• Analyze the competitive environment using Porter’s Five Forces model in the given market sector and develop appropriate strategies to improve competitive edge and market position based on the outcomes.
Part B: devise a strategic plan based on the environmental analysis and findings:
• Applying a range of theories, concepts and models, develop a strategic management plan for the organization. and show tangible and tactical strategic priorities and Objectives.
Learning Outcomes and Assessment Criteria
Pass Merit Distinction
LO1 Analyze the impact and influence which the
macro environment has on an organization and its business strategies.
LO1, LO2, LO3 & LO4
P1 Applying appropriate
frameworks analyze the impact and influence of M1 Critically analyze the
macro environment to determine and inform
D1 Critique and interpret
information and data
the macro environment strategic management
on a given organization decisions.
and competitive analysis
and its strategies.
to produce a set of valid
LO2 Assess an organization’s internal environment and capabilities strategic directions,
objectives and tactical actions.
P2 Analyze the internal M2 Critically evaluate the
capabilities of a given organization using
appropriate frameworks. internal environment to assess strengths and
weaknesses of an organization’s internal
capabilities, structure and Skill set.
LO3 Evaluate and apply the outcomes of an analysis using Porter’s Five Forces model to a given market sector
P3 Applying Porter’s Five Forces model evaluate
the competitive forces of a given market sector for an organization. M3 Devise appropriate strategies to improve
competitive edge and market position based on The outcomes.
LO4 Apply models, theories and concepts to assist with the understanding and interpretation of strategic directions available to an organization
P4 Applying a range of theories, concepts and models, interpret and devise strategic planning for a given organization. M4 Produce a strategic management plan that has tangible and tactical strategic priorities and Objectives.
Mention all the grades awarded in this assignments:
Note: Please access HN Global for additional resources support and reading for this unit. For further guidance and support on report writing please refer to the Study Skills Unit on HN Global. Link to www.highernationals.com
You are reminded that there exist Academic Misconduct Policy and Regulation concerning Cheating and Plagiarism.
Extracts from the Policy:
• Section 3.4.1: Allowing others to do assignments / Copying others assignment is an offence
• Section 3.4.2: Plagiarism, using the views, opinion or insights / paraphrasing of another person’s original phraseology without acknowledgement
• It should be the student’s own work – Plagiarism is unacceptable.
• Clarity of expression and structure are important features.
• Your work should be submitted as a well presented, word-processed document with headers and footers, and headings and subheadings, and must be uploaded in preferred drive in both PDF and DOCx format.
• You are expected to undertake research on this subject using books from the Library, and resources available on the Internet.
• Any sources of information should be listed as references at the end of your document and these sources should be referenced within the text of your document using APA Referencing style
• Your report should be illustrated with screen-prints, images, tables, charts and/or graphics.
• All assignments must be typed in Times New Roman, Font size 12, 1.5 Spacing.
The center policy is that you must submit your work within due date to achieve “Merit” and “Distinction”. Late submission automatically eliminates your chance of achieving “Merit and Distinction”. Also, 80% attendance is required to validate this assignment.
I declare that all the work submitted for this assignment is my own work and I understand that if any part of the work submitted for this assignment is found to be plagiarised, none of the work submitted will be allowed to count towards the assessment of the assignment.
Assignment Prepared By:
Anishma Acharya Signature: Date:
Brief Checked By: Dhruba Babu Joshi Signature: