Please read all documents and adhere to the Assessment documents and rubric. All must be Australian content with APA 7th Referencing using at least 5 high quality articles that are published within the last 5 years. Thankyou
Assessment 3 - Case study (40%)
Assessment 3 instructions:
This assessment will close on the 13/06/2021 at 2359 hrs ACT time
Relevance: High quality aged care is dependent on a holistic and integrative approach to patient assessment and care planning. Assessment three is designed to meet the learning outcomes: 1,2,3,4,5,6.
• For assessment three, please read the following case study and attached supplementary documentation and respond to the following questions:
You are working in a general practice (GP) clinic as a registered nurse. Your next patient is Mr Alexander Kumar and his Wife Sarah. Alexander is 85 years of age and is the main carer for his wife who has dementia. Alex has not attended the clinic for himself in over 3 years, but normally attends with his wife for regular check-ups.
When Alex and Sarah arrive, you notice that Alex is limping and both Alex and Sarah look underweight. You also notice that both their clothes look a little dirty, which is unusual for them. When you read their medical file, you note that they have no services in place and their children all live interstate. When you ask Alex, what has brought him in, he tells you he has a wound on his leg which he has been dressing at home for three months, but it is not getting better. Alex tells you he hasnt seen a doctor about his leg earlier as he can no longer drive and finds it difficult to catch public transport with his wife, who sometimes becomes agitated and upset.
Due date: 13/06/2021 - 23:59 ACT time (Week 12)
Length: 2000 words +/- 10% (excluding references) Markers will stop reading at the maximum allowable word count
Referencing: At least 5 high quality, current resources (published within the last 5 years), integrated in APA 7th style
Refer to Alex and Sarah case and answer the following questions:
1. Aged care services and interdisciplinary care (750 words)
Identify and discuss TWO aged care services and TWO interdisciplinary referrals that you would make as a registered nurse to promote Alex and Sarah independence. Provide a rationale for the services you have selected and link this to the case study.
2. Medication management (750 words)
Examining the patient’s medication history answer the following questions:
1. The older person is vulnerable to adverse drug events. Identify and describe Three factors in the case study increase the risk of an adverse drug event.
2. Choose TWO medications and describe what the 1. indication for each medication and 2. any potential complications that Alex may experience while taking this medication.
3. Two nursing actions or health promotion you would implement to minimise adverse effects.
3. Reflection (500 words)
Reflecting on the case study evaluate the impact of your own personal experiences and beliefs on how you would feel in this situation.
• Your writing should adhere to academic writing standards including a high standard of grammar, spelling and punctuation. Referencing must adhere to APA 7th referencing conventions.
• You DO NOT need to include an introduction or conclusion for this assessment
• Format your assessment with size 12 point Arial font, double spacing for the text and also for end-of-text reference list.
• Please refer to the instructions below on submitting your work through SafeAssign in the draft submission point a few days prior to final submission.
• Please read through the attached task rubric for guidance on maximising your marks- this is our marking guide.