Assessment 2 Information
Subject Code: MBA633
Subject Name: Real-world Business Analytics and Management
Title: Signature Project
Assessment Type: In class presentation and Written Report (Group)
Word Count: 1000 Words (+/-10%)
Weighting: 30 %
Total Marks: 30
Submission: In class (group), Turnitin (individual)
Due Date: Presentation: Week 10 in-class
Written Report: Monday Week 11, 11.55pm AEST
Analyse the sales dataset provided to derive and present insights.
This is a group project, followed by an individual report. You will be provided with a dataset pertaining to the operations of a retail organisation. You need to analyse the data and present insights using a BI tool of your choice. Describe the current mode of operation, possible inefficiencies, available data and how this data may be used to provide efficiencies based on the concepts and techniques covered in the subject.
• Group Presentation: Examine the dataset provided to you and provide an oral presentation covering the following compulsory components. You are encouraged to use a BI tool but can use the whiteboard, cards and noted to help you explain each section.
? Evaluate the quality of the data.
? Analyse the data to determine what insights regarding profitability and revenue (what factors affect these quantities, is there any seasonality? How does shipping come in to play? etc.)
? Provide a critique of how accurate you think the recommendations and insights are?
Could the company act on the advice?
? Discuss the limitations you faced and how the analysis could be improved.
? Discuss the key insights and possible future strategies. Include visualisations.
• Individual Report: In your own words, provide a brief 1000-word summary of the analytics, recommendations, visualisations and statistics used.
NOTE: 3 marks for the individual report will be assigned to format and grammar.
Important Study Information
Academic Integrity Policy
KBS values academic integrity. All students must understand the meaning and consequences of cheating, plagiarism and other academic offences under the Academic Integrity and Conduct Policy.
What is academic integrity and misconduct?
What are the penalties for academic misconduct?
What are the late penalties?
How can I appeal my grade?
Click here for answers to these questions:
Word Limits for Written Assessments
Submissions that exceed the word limit by more than 10% will cease to be marked from the point at which that limit is exceeded.
Students may seek study assistance from their local Academic Learning Advisor or refer to the resources on the MyKBS Academic Success Centre page. Click here for this information.
Assessment Marking Guide
This assessment will be marked on the grounds of whether or not the following competencies are present.
Section Criteria Marks
Writing Style • The summary flows adequately and includes all the parts covered in the presentation.
• References are included where required, following the Harvard format with consistency. 5 marks
Analytic Skills • The problem has been clearly identified.
• Key metrics identified and extracted from the data.
• The description of the method used is clear.
• Dashboards with relevant insights are provided.
• ‘What if’ scenarios have been addressed. 12 marks
Application Skills • Key stakeholders have been identified.
• The design of the system that could present insights to these stakeholders has been articulated.
• Organisational benefits and consequences have been identified. 3 marks
Practical Skills • Sensible challenges and limitations have been identified.
• Insightful graphical representations have been provided in the report. 3 marks
Presentation Skills • The presentation is engaging, creative and of professional standards.
• The group goes beyond the slide deck in its presentation.
• BI tools have been seamlessly incorporated into the presentation. 7 marks
Total 30 marks