Assessment Title Health Education Narrated PowerPoint
Purpose This assessment task will allow students to demonstrate an understanding and empathy towards the complexity of modifiable risk factor behaviour alteration for patient with chronic illness and or disability. This assignment will develop students’ ability to identify factors which inhibit independence and diminish quality of life, require consideration of issues that inform behaviour, and advocate practical strategies for modification. Students will have the opportunity to demonstrate critical thinking, clinical reasoning and the principles of caring for people with a chronic illness or disability are applied.
Stream A Due Date Wednesday, 21st April 2021
Stream B Due Date Wednesday, 2nd June 2021
Time Due 9am
Length 8 to 10 minute narration of a PowerPoint presentation. Minimum of 6 slides including introduction and conclusion. Slide/s containing reference list are not counted in the minimum.
Assessment Rubric Appendix B of the NRSG unit outline
LEO Resource Health Education Narrated PowerPoint Unpacking video, assessment tile
LOs Assessed LO3, L04, LO5
Task Students will choose from one of two case studies that display multiple modifiable risks. Students can then choose ONE risk factor to focus their assessment on. Students are required to develop a narrated PowerPoint on behaviour change for patients with multiple chronic diseases or disabilities. It is expected that appropriate evidence-based literature will be used to support answer the following questions:
1. Briefly summarise the case study and define the chosen modifiable risk factor behaviour.
2. Outline factors that may contribute to the behaviour (why the behaviour happens), and how the behaviour will impact on the chronic illness or disability.
3. Identify a health behaviour theory that may be appropriate to explain the behaviour, and can be used as the basis for an intervention to modify that behaviour
4. Outline and justify one (1) innovative and practical strategy that can be implemented at home by person in the case study to encourage risk factor behaviour modification, why it is a relevant strategy for the case study, and what the RN's role will be within this strategy.
5. Outline and justify one (1) appropriate (real) service/support/group in your