Course Title: L7 OTHM Post-graduate Diploma in Management and Leadership Skills
Subject: Developing Strategic Management and Leadership
There is no scenario for this assignment.
Task 1 of 3 – Case Study (AC1.1, 1.2, 1.3, 4.1, 4.2 & 4.3)
Individually prepare a case study about a business leader of your choice. Examples of business leaders might include Jack Welch, Ricardo Semler, Richard Branson, Steve Jobs, Bill Gates, Jack Ma, Dhirubhai Ambani, and Elon Musk to name but a few of many examples.
You have been informed that your case study will be used for training purposes and you should discuss theoretical perspectives supported by examples about your chosen leader contribution to their organisation.
The structure of the case study should include the following:
1. Background to the organisation and the business leader with a justification of your choice.
2. Explain the meaning of strategic leadership and importance to the selected organisation.
3. Contrast the main approaches to the study of leadership and the approach relevant to the organisation.
4. Critically evaluate the role of the leader in developing strategy.
5. Critically review leadership values and ethics in driving corporate social responsibility and sustainability.
Delivery and submission:
??1x case study (circa 1500 words)
• The case study must reflect any supporting Harvard style citations.
• A comprehensive Harvard style reference list must be included at the end of the case study.
Task 2 of 3 – Essay (AC3.1, 3.2, 3.3, 4.1)
Following your case study, you should now prepare an essay evaluating the impact of the business leader identified in task 1, on the organisation’s performance by addressing the following:
1. Assess the role of the business leader in driving organisational performance.
2. Critically explore the exercise of leadership power and influence.
3. Critically explore the main feature and requirements of leadership development for competitive advantage.
4. Provide the criteria for measuring for assessing an organisations strategic effectiveness from a leadership perspective.
Delivery and submission: ??1x essay (circa 1500 words)
• Each section must reflect any supporting Harvard style citations.
• A comprehensive Harvard style reference list must be included at the end of the work.
Task 3 of 3 – Business Presentation (AC2.1, 2.2, 2.3)
Individually prepare a presentation about teams and leadership. The presentation should address the following:
1. Critically discuss the importance of teams and team leadership in organisational performance.
2. Distinguish between workgroups and teams and the leadership thereof.
3. Critically compare and contrast formal and informal groups within organisations and within wider society.
4. Critically discuss the stages of group and team development and the role of leadership in maximising group and team performance.
??1x PowerPoint Presentation
??1x set of speaker notes supporting each PowerPoint slide (circa 500 words)
• 1x set of Speaker notes (circa 500 words)
• 1 Powerpoint presentation slide
• Each PowerPoint must reflect any supporting Harvard style citations.
• A comprehensive Harvard style reference list must be included at the end of the presentation.
Overall evidence to be submitted:
• Case study – 1500 words.
• Essay – 1500 words.
• Business Presentation (1000-words equivalent).
• Presentation speaker notes – 500 words
Format of the submission
• Font: Time New Roman, Size: 12, Line space 1.5