Assessment Task – Tutorial Questions Assignment
Unit Code: HI5004
Unit Name: Marketing Management
Assignment: Tutorial Questions
Due: Tuesday, 23/2/2021 at 11.59pm
Weighting: Total Mark 50 = 50%
Purpose: This assignment is designed to assess your level of knowledge of the key topics covered in this unit
Unit Learning Outcomes Assessed:
- Student will be able to integrate theoretical and practical knowledge of Marketing Management
- Research the tools for gathering marketing information and utilise the tools to assess markets
- Evaluate consumer behavior and its effect on business performance
- Conduct and apply marketing research to enhance decision making including segmentation and targeting and positioning
- Develop creative marketing strategies for new product development including product, price, people and promotion - Generate creative strategies for customer acquisition and retention
Description: Each week students were provided with three tutorial questions of varying degrees of difficulty. These tutorial questions are available in the Tutorial Folder for each week on Blackboard. The Interactive Tutorials are designed to assist students with the process, skills and knowledge to answer the provided tutorial questions. Your task is to answer a selection of tutorial questions covered over Week 2 to Week 11 inclusive.
It is important when you answer the questions, you do not just copy and paste the answers from other sources, but rather, try to paraphrase it and provide reference (in- text referencing) to your answers. All references must be listed appropriately at the end of the report using Harvard referencing style.
The questions to be answered are:
Question 1: (11 marks)
Many market researchers have their favorite research approaches or techniques, though different researchers often have different preferences. Some researchers maintain that the only way to really learn about consumers or brands is through in-depth, qualitative research. Others contend that the only legitimate and defensible form of marketing research uses quantitative measures.
Take a position: The best marketing research is quantitative in nature versus the best marketing research is qualitative in nature.
Word count: no more than 500 words
Reference: at least 2 academic sources to support your discussion
Question 2: (11 marks)
Watch the video in the link above and discuss in 300 words about how the consumer behaviour changed
You must use the information from the video to discuss
Question 3: (7 marks)
Watch the video in the link below and answer these two sub-questions in 300 words:
- Identify the message that the company wants to send to the customers through the advertisement.
- Identify the target market for this advertisement and explain why you think the advertiser is using the segmentation variable you identified for that advertisement
You must use the information from the video to support your discussion
Question 4: (7 marks)
Covid – 19 has changed the future of retail industry. Provide your prediction about the future of retail industry and discuss about it in 500 words. You can you the information from the links below
Question 5: (7 marks)
Watch the videos in the links below and answer 3 following questions:
1. What is the message that Apple wants to send to its customers?
2. According to your opinion what does the benefit Apple gain when they implemented the
Think Different campaign’?
3. What kind of emotions does this video evoke in you? Explain what you felt and why?
Answer the question in 300 words and you must use the information from the video to support your discussion (7 marks)
Question 6: (7 marks) Week 11:
Think about the last time you went to make a major purchase in a store. How important was the salesperson in that decision? What did he or she do that you liked or didn’t like? Answer this question in 300 words
The assignment has to be submitted via Blackboard. Each student will be permitted one submission to Blackboard only. Each student needs to ensure that the document submitted is the correct one.
Academic honesty is highly valued at Holmes Institute. Students must always submit work that represents their original words or ideas. If any words or ideas used in a class posting or assignment submission do not represent the student’s original words or ideas, the student must cite all relevant sources and make clear the extent to which such sources were used. Written assignments that include material similar to course reading materials or other sources should include a citation including source, author, and page number.
In addition, written assignments that are similar or identical to those of another student in the class is also a violation of the Holmes Institute’s Academic Conduct and Integrity Policy. The consequence for a violation of this policy can incur a range of penalties varying from a 50% penalty through to suspension of enrolment. The penalty would be dependent on the extent of academic misconduct and the student’s history of academic misconduct issues.
All assessments will be automatically submitted to Safe-Assign to assess their originality.
For further information and additional learning resources, students should refer to their Discussion Board for the unit.