Assignment: SDLC & ITSM
Due Date: 29-Jan-2021
Return Date: 19-Feb-2021
Length: 500-1000 words for each question
Group Assessment: No
Submission method options: Alternative submission method
This assessment consists of two questions. The first one looks into SDLC and the second question looks at ITSM.
Question 1: SDLC [20 marks]
(a) Commonly, there are three parameters that describe software development needs: requirement flexibility, release frequency and cooperation approach. Discuss how different values of these parameters lead to select different software development methodologies. [10 marks]
(b) Your company is going to develop a web-based adoptability assessor tool for the SoilCRC, a research centre for Australia’s underperforming soils. As a project manager, you have identified the following characteristics of the project:
• the project is large.
• releases are required to be frequent.
• creation of a prototype is applicable.
• risk and costs evaluation is important.
• this is a medium to high-risk projects.
• requirements are unclear and complex.
• changes may require at any time.
• long term project commitment is not feasible due to changes in economic priorities.
Which SDLC model you will select for the project? Why? [10 marks]
Question 2: ITSM [20 marks]
(a) Peter Drucker said, “You can’t manage what you don’t measure”. Inspiring from this quite your company is motivated to achieve high scores in KPIs. However, you as the head strategist of the company, know that your Service Management KPIs should focus not only on customer satisfaction but also on the customer experience. List 5 technical related KPIs and 5 experience related KPIs. Briefly discuss their importance. [10 marks]
(b) Discuss how COVID-19 has impacted ITSM. Is there any change or opportunities in future? [10 marks]
This assessment task will assess the following learning outcome/s:
• be able to discuss the principle lifecycle phases of an information system, from requirements and acquisition through to operation and maintenance.
• be able to compare and contrast the role of IT service management frameworks, policies and compliance issues.