Course Name SIT30216
Certificate III in Travel SIT50116
Diploma of Travel and Tourism Management
Subject/module Promotional International Airfares
Assessment method Case Study/Practical
Unit of Competency SITTTSL013
Construct Promotional International Airfares
1. Assessments should be completed as per your trainer’s instructions.
2. Assessments must be submitted by the due date to avoid a late submission penalty.
3. Plagiarism is copying someone else’s work and submitting it as your own. You must write your answers in your own words and include a reference list. A mark of zero will be given for any assessment or part of an assessment that has been plagiarised.
4. You may discuss your assessments with other students, but submitting identical answers to other students will result in a failing grade. Your answers must be yours alone.
5. Your trainer will advise whether the assessment should be digitally uploaded or submitted in hard copy. Assessments that are digitally uploaded should be saved in pdf format.
6. You must attempt all questions.
7. You must pass all assessments in order to pass the subject.
8. All assessments are to be completed in accordance with WHS regulatory requirements.
Calculate the least expensive fares and taxes, and then complete the tickets for the following itineraries:
Adelaide QF x/Melbourne QF Tokyo QF Istanbul surface Madrid BA London BA Johannesburg QF x/Perth QF Adelaide (24 marks)
EH AP TS
ADL IST 11 185 17 601 12 906
ADL MAD 12 547 16 672 14 156
ADL MEL 12 APR 408
MEL TYO 1152 AAPPRR 5 090
TYO IST 05 MAY 5 755
MAD LON 17 OCT 785
LON JNB 17 OCT 5 076
JNB PER 29 OCT 4 648
PER ADL 29 OCT 1 316
Question 1 (continued)
EQUIV FARE PAID
Hamilton Island QF x/Brisbane QF Auckland NZ Nelso QF Sydney QF Cairns
n NZ x/Wellington
Date Classes available
HTI BNE 16 Mar All
BNE AKL 16 Mar V, S
AKL NSN 20 Mar All
NSN WLG 28 Mar All
WLG SYD 28 Mar V
SYD CNS 02 Apr All
EQUIV FARE PAID
What is the children’s fare in AUD for the itinerary in Question 2? (5 marks)
Launceston QF x/Melbourne QF Auckland QF Los Ang Orleans surface Washington AA San Francisco AA Hon QF Launceston.
eles AA New
nolulu QF x/Sydney
g Date Classes available
LST MEL 05 Dec All
MEL AKL 05 Dec B, H, K, M, R
AKL LAX 18 Dec B, H
LAX MSY 23 Dec All
WAS SFO 28 Jan All
SFO HNL 04 Feb B, H, K, M
HNL SYD 28 Feb B, H, K
SYD LST 29 Feb All
EQUIV FARE PAID
Study the Cathay Pacific fares sheet to South Africa, and answer the following questions: (17 marks)
a. What cities in South Africa are included on this fare sheet? (If you don’t know the cities names, you can use the 3 letter codes). (1 marks)
b. From what Australian cities may you depart from? (1 marks)
c. What is the last date a customer could travel on this fare? (1 marks)
d. Could your customer fly into Durban, take a coach tour to Capetown, and fly out of Capetown?
e. What is the maximum allowed stay if you can only book M class?
f. Where are stopovers allowed? (1 marks)
g. What would the cancellation fee be for a passenger who cancels before departure, and will be unable to purchase another fare in the
foreseeable future? (1 marks)
h. What would the nett cost to a travel agent be for a client flying return from Perth to Capetown on the 23rd of October? You check availability and the least expensive class you can book is L class. (2 marks)
i. What would the sell price be if you marked it up by 12%? (2 marks)
j. What would the total sell price be for 2 adults and 2 children for the above departure? (4 marks)
k. What would be your customer’s routing for the above itinerary?
Assessment 2 total: 90 marks