Workplace Health and Safety
SITXWHS002 Identify hazards, assess and control safety risks
SITXWHS003 Implement and monitor work health and safety practices
Student Must Fill this Section
Privacy Release Clause: “I give my permission for my assessment material to be used in the auditing, assessment validation & moderation Process”.
Authenticity Declaration: “I declare that:
• The material I have submitted is my own work;
• I have given references for all sources of information that are not my own, including the words, ideas and images of others”.
Student Signature: Date:
Attempt Competent Not Yet Competent Date Assessor Signature
Information for Student:
• All work is to be entirely of the student.
General Information for this assessment:
• Read the instructions for each question very carefully.
• Be sure to PRINT your FIRST name & LAST name in every place that is provided.
• Short questions must be answered in the spaces provided.
• For those activities requesting extra evidence such as: research reports, essay reports, etc. The student must attach its own work formatted in double space, Arial 12 pts.
• All activities must be addressed correctly in order to obtain a competence for the unit of competency.
• If the student doesn’t understand the assessment, they can request help from the assessor to interpret the assessment.
• Re-submission of assessment after the term will incur additional fees.
Re-assessment of Result& Academic Appeal procedures:
If a student is not happy with his/ her results, that student may appeal against their grade via a written letter, clearly stating the grounds of appeal to the Chief Executive Officer. This should be submitted after completion of the subject and within fourteen days of commencement of the new term.
• An appeal in writing is made to the Academic Manager providing reasons for re-assessment /appeal.
• Academic Manager will delegate another member to review the assessment.
• The student will be advised of the review result done by another assessor.
• If the student is still not satisfied and further challenges the decision, then a review panel is formed comprising the lecturer/trainer in charge and the Academic Manager or if need be an external assessor.
• The Institute will advise the student within 14 days from the submission date of the appeal. The decision of the panel will be deemed to be final.
• If the student is still not satisfied with the result, he / she has the right to seek independent advice or follow external mediation option with nominated mediation agency.
• Any student who fails a compulsory subject or appeals unsuccessfully will be required to re-enrol in that subject.
The cost of reassessment will be borne by the Institute. The external assessor will base his/her judgement based on principles of assessment. These principles require assessment to be reliable, fair, practical and valid.
• If you are dissatisfied with the outcome of the re-evaluation process, you have a right to appeal through academic appeals handling protocol.
• To appeal a decision, the person is required to complete the WSC- Request for Appeal of a Decision form with all other supporting documents, if any. This form is available via our website. The completed Request for Appeal form is to be submitted to the Student Support Officer either in hard copy or electronically via the following contact details:
Student Support Officer, Western Sydney College (WSC), 55 High St, Parramatta NSW 2150, Email: Complaints@wsc.nsw.edu.au
• The notice of appeal should be in writing addressed to the Chief Executive Officer and submitted within seven days of notification of the outcome of the re-evaluation process.
• If the appeal is not lodged in the specified time, the result will stand and you must re-enrol in the unit.
• In emergency circumstances, such as in cases of serious illness or injury, you must forward a medical certificate in support of a deferred appeal. The notice of appeal must be made within three working days of the concluding date shown on the medical certificate.
• The decision of Chief Executive Officer will be final.
• Student would then have the right to pursue the claim through an independent external body as detailed in the students’ complaint / grievance policy.
Comments/ feedback to student:
Assessment Task 4: WHS Consultation Report
For this task you are required to write a report that would be submitted management identifying the consultation procedures undertaken in Assessment Task 3 and the recommendations made by the group.
RESOURCES AND EQUIPMENT REQUIRED TO COMPLETE THIS TASK:
? Access to a computer, printer, Internet and email software (if required).
? Access to Microsoft Word or a similar program.
? Access to textbooks and other learning/research materials.
? Completed risk assessment template from task 3.
? How to Manage Work Health and Safety Risks (model) Code of Practice OR State Code of Practice as appropriate.
? Current state or territory WHS legislation
WHEN AND WHERE WILL THIS TASK BE COMPLETED?
? This task may be done in your own time as homework or you may be given time to do this task in class (where applicable).
? Your assessor will provide you with the due date for this assessment.
WHAT HAPPENS IF I GET SOMETHING WRONG?
If your assessor identifies that your report is missing content, or is lacking in detail or providing incorrect information, you will be given feedback on what is required for resubmission.
STUDENT INSTRUCTIONS FOR TASK 4
Fort this task, you must write a report based on the risk assessment meeting in Assessment Task 3. You will need to refer to the notes you took during your time chairing the meeting and the completed risk assessment template you submitted.
Your report should demonstrate your report writing skills, ability to analyse the effectiveness of WHS management practices, ability to make recommendations for change and complete accurate records for regulatory compliance.
Refer to the How to Manage Work Health and Safety Risks (model) Code of Practice OR State Code of Practice as appropriate and your state or territory WHS legislation to assist you with this task.
Your report must address the specific hazards discussed when you were chair. You must describe the consultation process, the procedures you followed, and the templates you used. You must also refer to:
? Any urgent new controls that need to be implemented
? Staff training needs
? The effectiveness of the consultation process
? Implementation of all new controls
? Any suggested adjustments to the consultation process
? Any suggested review of WHS policies or procedures
? Suggestions regarding the review and monitoring of new controls (how and when, and by whom)
? Refer to the state or territory legislation regarding compliance with management practices regarding:
? consultation duties
? hazard identification
? risk assessment and control
? staff training
? availability of WHS information
The structure of your report should include:
? Title page
? Contents page
? Introduction and conclusion
? Headings based on the topics mentioned above
? Page numbers
Note: You must cite any sources you use in the development of your report. This includes websites, textbooks, newspaper and/or journal articles, reports and so on.
SUBMISSION REQUIREMENTS FOR TASK 4:
• Completed report that covers all required areas as detailed in the task instructions.
Assessment Record Checklist
ASSESSMENT TASK 4: WHS CONSULTATION REPORT
All set up instructions for the task are included in the Marking Guide.
Did the student submit the completed WHS Consultation Report?
Did the student demonstrate knowledge of state or territory WHS legislation?
Did the student demonstrate the ability to maintain records according to legislative requirements?
Did the student demonstrate the ability to monitor the effectiveness of the WHS system?
Did the student demonstrate knowledge of training kitchen WHS policies and procedures?
Did the student demonstrate the ability to identify and recommend appropriate WHS training?
Did the student demonstrate the ability to coordinate risk assessments and WHS training?
Did the student demonstrate knowledge of WHS reporting requirements?
Did the student demonstrate knowledge of management practices appropriate to WHS legislation?
Did the student write reports about the effectiveness of WHS management practices?
Did the student demonstrate the ability to make commendations for change?
Did the student demonstrate the ability to incorporate the views of those consulted?
Did the student demonstrate the ability to analyse WHS system deficiencies and recommend required change?
Did the student demonstrate knowledge of risk assessment and hazard identification processes?
Did the student demonstrate knowledge of risks and hazards associated with commercial kitchens and their controls?
Did the student demonstrate the ability to analyse data and reports to provide information about WHS management?
Did the student demonstrate the ability to provide feedback about WHS issues to management?
Did the student demonstrate the ability to resolve or refer WHS issues?
Feedback on student’s performance:
Please note any reasonable adjustments for this task below.
¨ I have reviewed the mapping to this task.
¨ I have analysed the evidence gathered against the requirements of this task and am satisfied that the student has satisfactorily demonstrated the skills and knowledge required of these units.
Where any items above are marked ‘No’, please provide comments and outline the gaps below. Note actions that will be taken to correct the gaps.
Ensure a copy of this completed checklist is provided to the student.
How many attempts were required to demonstrate satisfactory performance?