Assessment 3: Written Assessment
Course NUR1120 Health and Illness
Assessment name Assessment 3: Written Assessment
Brief task description Identify and describe the response by the Australian federal and state governments to the current COVID-19 pandemic relating to the five action areas of the Ottawa Charter for Health Promotion (1986) outlined below.
Due Date 11/06/2020, 2355 hrs (AEST)
Length 750 Words in total (150 words in each of the five sections) + or – 10 % for each section. Word counts include intext citations.
Marks out of: Weighting: 45% (marks out of 45)
Attributes CLO 1. Demonstrate an understanding of health and illness across the lifespan within contemporary health care approaches in Australia (including health promotion and illness prevention) and identify determinants of health which may influence the health and wellbeing of individuals and communities;
CLO 2. Demonstrate an understanding of purposes for utilising a holistic care approach when promoting health and supporting individuals who are living with illness;
CLO 3. Demonstrate an understanding of a collaborative health team approach when promoting health and supporting individuals who are living with illness;
CLO 4. Demonstrate ethical research, enquiry and writing skills by locating, retrieving and utilizing
appropriate literature from a variety of sources to examine significant health issues within
GA 1. Well-informed individuals with discipline-specific expertise and industry knowledge relevant to their profession or area of study;
GA 2. Critical, creative, thinkers who can integrate and apply knowledge and relevant skills, including research and digital literacy skills, to analyse and evaluate ideas, concepts, theories and problems, and offer insights, innovative approaches and solutions;
GA 3. Ethical, engaged professionals and citizens who engage in non-discriminatory and safe practices and consider the local, global, social, economic, legal and environmental influences on, and impact of, their attitudes and actions;
GA 4. Employable, enterprising professionals who are confident, self-directed, know how they learn, and are resourceful, resilient, and adaptable to change.
Task detail Using ONLY the resources provided in the ‘Resources available to complete task’ section below, consider the following five action areas of the Ottawa Charter for health promotion (1986) in relation to the current COVID-19 pandemic. Write short answers (150 words) in paragraph format that identifies and discusses the responses that have been initiated by either the Australian and/or your own state governments in each of the following areas:
1. Building healthy public policy (150 words)
2. Creating supportive environments (150 words)
3. Strengthening community action (150 words)
4. Developing personal skills (150 words)
5. Re-orientating health services towards prevention of illness and promotion of health (150 words)
Writing Style 1. Correct Academic Writing as per USQ guidelines https://www.usq.edu.au/library/studysupport/assignments/academic-writing-and-proofreading
2. Reference using APA 7th Edition Referencing Style for ALL IDEAS AND CONCEPTS you have used from the sources provided. See: http://www.usq.edu.au/library/referencing/apareferencing-guide
3. Only use the sources provided for references
4. Subheadings are required for each question.
5. No introduction or conclusion is required – this is not an essay.
6. Writing in first person is not permitted, as this is not a reflection.
Formatting Style Assessments should be presented using:
1. Double Line Spacing
2. Times New Roman, 12 point font
3. Use APA 7th formatting style. The first line of each paragraph is indented. The reference list starts on a new page with the heading References. References are listed alphabetically and have the second and subsequent lines indented
4. Subheadings are required for each question.
Resources available to complete task USQ academic writing style is provided in links on the course Resources Tab.
The following resource will assist you to determine the scope of the action areas: https://www.who.int/healthpromotion/conferences/previous/ottawa/en/index1.html
To determine the federal governmental actions that have been initiated to address these action areas use the following Australian government website:
To determine the state government actions that have been initiated to address these action areas in your state, use the corresponding government website:
What you need to submit One Microsoft Word document that contains the following items:
• Your assessment document.
• No coversheet but footer must include: surname_initial_studentnumber_coursecode_A3_page no • Please use the Assessment 3 Marking Criteria to guide you, but do not submit the Marking Criteria with your assessment.
Submission requirements This assessment is to be submitted electronically via the Assessment 3 Submission link on NUR1120 Study Desk. It must be submitted in electronic format as a Microsoft Word document via Turnitin. The Turnitin process may take up to 24 hours to produce a report. Therefore, allow adequate time to do this and address any issues of plagiarism detected by Turnitin before final submission.
File Name Conventions Save your document with the following naming conventions: surname_initial_studentnumber_coursecode_A1.doc/docx
Marking and Moderation • This task will be marked against the marking rubric available on the StudyDesk;
• All staff who are assessing your work meet to discuss and compare their judgements before marks or grades are finalised. A rigorous moderation process is undertaken for this course, hence no remarking of assessment pieces will be considered.
• Final release of grades will normally be within three weeks of submission. This same timeframe applies for any approvals for an extension of time commencing at the time of submission.
Integrity Students should be familiar with USQ’s policy on Academic Integrity:
Evidence of having undertaken the Academic Integrity learning activity is required prior to this activity and is highly recommended.
Turnitin has been enabled so that students can check for similarity matching within their assessment and make amendments prior to the due date to demonstrate academic integrity.
• Students are encouraged to access the USQ assessment policy:
Applications for an extension of time will only be considered if received in accordance with the USQ Assessment procedure https://policy.usq.edu.au/documents/14749PL and the Assessment of Compassionate and Compelling Circumstances Procedure: https://policy.usq.edu.au/documents/131150PL
• Note that USQ’s procedures requires applications are made for extensions PRIOR to the due date of the assessment.