its individual assignment
Assessment Criteria Sheets
BUMKT5902 Marketing Management
aspects such as:
Overview of the Assignment
• Part A - Report
Use the following structure to organise your report:
Title page Executive Summary Table of Contents 1.0 Introduction 2.0 Company Introduction and Brief Industry Overview 3.0 Environmental marketing analysis 4.0 SWOT Summary 5.0 Overview of proposed product 6.0 Segmentation, Targeting & Positioning 6.1 Segmentation 6.2 Targeting 6.3 Positioning 7.0 Recommended Marketing Mix 7.1 Product 7.2 Price 7.3 Place 7.4 Promotion 8.0 Conclusion References Appendices (if applicable)
General Formatting Requirements for the Report
For those students who are unfamiliar or do not feel confident with academic writing, there are many sources on the Federation University and Library websites. The formatting of assignments should adhere to the following requirements:
• Report format
• Follow the headings outlined under the Assignment Instructions section
• Use a report Title page containing all of the relevant information
• The Executive Summary is placed before the Table of Contents and does not contribute to the word count
• Correct page numbering (e.g., the Cover Page is not numbered, the number format for the Executive Summary and the Table of Contents is i, ii, etc. The body of the report starting with the Introduction is numbered 1, 2, 3, etc.)
• Do not write in the first or second person (I, we, our)—write in the third person only
• Proof-read before submission for spelling, grammatical and logic errors
• Fonts should be plain and easy to read (e.g., Tahoma, Arial, Times New Roman)
• Font size is typically between 10 and 12 for the body of the assignment
• Paragraphs are to be fully justified
• Paragraph spacing typically uses one space before and after a paragraph
• Any tables and diagrams used should be labelled (they do not form part of the word count)
• APA referencing style to be used (information on this can be found at the following link: http://federation.edu.au/current-students/learning-and-study/online-help-with/referencing)
Criteria Weight F (0-49) P (50-59) C (60-69) D (70-79) HD (80+)
Targeting & Positioning 15% Segmentation, targeting and positioning have not all been discussed or have not been discussed in an adequate amount of detail. Segmentation, targeting and positioning have been described, possibly with some information missing, lacking some theoretical backing or is not as relevant to the chosen company as it could be. Segmentation, targeting and positioning have been discussed in some detail. The student has made some attempt to justify proposal with some reference to theory and research. Segmentation, targeting and positioning have been discussed in an adequate amount of detail. Each of these areas have been discussed well overall and the student makes a clear
attempt to build arguments and justify tese with reference to theory and research. Segmentation, targeting and positioning have been discussed comprehensively. Each section covers key marketing theories and concepts to help justify their application to the given context. Adequate research also supports the discussion around these concepts.
Marketing Mix (4 Ps) 20% Each of the 4 Ps have either not been discussed, or not been discussed in an adequate amount of detail. Each of the 4 Ps have been discussed in some detail, but may be lacking adequate research, marketing theory or discussion as to its relevance to the given context. Each of the 4 Ps (product, price, place, promotion) have been discussed in some detail. The theory and research contributing to the discussion is okay, but could be a little more detailed. Each of the 4 Ps (product, price, place, promotion) have been discussed in an adequate amount of detail. Each of these areas have been discussed well overall. Each of the 4 Ps (product, price, place, promotion) have been discussed in a good amount of detail. Each section covers key marketing theories and concepts to help justify their application to the given context. Adequate research also supports the suggestions being made regarding how the new product is to be structured regarding the 4 Ps.
Overall presentation of report 15% The report lacks required structure and/or is of a very low standard.
It also falls substantially short of the word limit. Incorrect grammar and spelling mistakes appear constantly throughout the assignment. The report structure and formatting is inconsistent. Word limit has not been adhered to.
Some instances of incorrect grammar and spelling mistakes in parts of the report. it. The report structure and formatting meet minimum standards will all sections evident.
Grammar and spelling mostly correct throughout. The report structure and formatting follow guidelines and are consistently applied throughout the report. Grammar and spelling correct throughout.
The report structure and formatting follow guidelines and present a professional impression to the reader. Grammar and spelling is correct throughout, with a high sophistication to the look at feel of the report.
Referencing 10% No references, or very few references, are used. Those that are included do not contain sufficient detail and are not in the correct format. A minimum of 20, or perhaps fewer, academic references are used. Not many of the references used, both in-text and in the reference list, are in the correct format. A minimum of 20 academic references are used. All references used, both intext and in the reference list, are largely in the correct format. A minimum of 20 references are used. Few mistakes in both in-text referencing and in the reference list are evident. More than 20 references are used. These are correctly referenced in-text and formatted in the reference list.