BUACC2603 Corporate Accounting Semester 2, 2014
Your assignment must be submitted at the end of your lecture in week 10. Penalties will apply for late submission.
The following matters should be given particular attention:
1. Writing assignments must not exceed the word counts indicated. Double space your pages, use a 12-pt Times New Roman font, use 2 cm margins on all four sides of your page.
2. Your assignment must include an introduction, body and conclusion that clearly addresses the problem areas, and a properly referenced bibliography. (refer to the assignment marking guide for further information)
3. Evidence of extensive research beyond the prescribed text is required. Ensure these are referenced appropriately in your bibliography. Refer to the statement regarding plagiarism.
4. NO extensions will be granted unless supported by appropriate documentation prior to the due date.
5. This assignment must be handed in for successful completion of the course and will count 25 marks towards the final mark.
6. The word count for the research essay is 2000 words.
7. The assignment is to be conducted in groups of two. Students do not have the option to extend or reduce the size of the group. If the class has an odd number of students then one student must undertake the assignment on their own.
Distinguish between the different types of incorporated structures and discuss the roles that various organisations play in the regulation of the company structures in Australia.
IN YOUR ASSIGNMENT
1. Describe the different types of company structures. (15 marks)
2. Discuss the differences between large and small companies. (15 marks)
3. Describe and evaluate the roles that organisations play in the regulation of companies in Australia. (45 marks)
4. Introduction / Conclusion / Style /Expression & Grammar (25 Marks)
5. Result out of 100 will be divided by 4 to provide a mark out 25