SPECIFIC INSTRUCTION / ARAHAN KHUSUS
1. Answer in ENGLISH or MALAY /
JawabdalamBAHASA INGGERIS atauBAHASA MELAYU.
2. Number of words :2500 – 3000 word excluding references. /
Jumlahpatahperkataan :2500 – 3000 patah perkataan tidak termasuk rujukan.
3. Submit your assignment ONCE only in a SINGLE / file. /
Hantar tugasan SEKALI sahaja dalam SATU / fail.
4. Submit your assignment ONLINE .
Tugasan ini dihantar secara ONLINE .
5. Submission date : 5 APRIL 2020.
Tarikh penghantaran : 5 APRIL 2020.
6. This assignment accounts for 60% of the total marks for the course. / Tugasan ini menyumbang sebanyak 60% dari jumlah markah kursus.
Section 16 of the Occupational Safety and Health Act 1994, obliges all employers (or self-employed persons) having more than five employees to develop a written safety and health policy. It is important to note that non-compliance of this provision may inadvertently contribute to lack of safety culture as safety and health policy reflects the organisation’s principles and values towards safety culture (Fernandez-Muniz et al, 2007; Noor Aina Amirah et al, 2013)
Noor Aina Amirah , Wan Izatul Asma, Mohd Shaladdin Muda & Wan Abd Aziz Wan Mohd Amin. (2013). Safety Culture in Combating Occupational Safety and Health Problems in the Malaysian Manufacturing Sectors. Asian Social Science, 9 (3). 182-191.
Fernandez-Muniz, B., Montes-Peon, J. M., & Vazquez-Ordas, C. J. (2007). Safety culture: Analysis of the Causal Relationships between Its Key Dimensions. Journal of Safety Research, 38, 627-641.
1. Write a general policy statement that address employer’s commitment to safety and health including overall philosophy and intent;
2. Prepare a document which consists of the organisation for carrying out the policy (in hierarchical management structures together with the safety and health responsibilities); and
3. Prepare a document which consists of the arrangements to ensure the implementation of the policy. These arrangements should include safety and health training, inspections, accident reporting and investigations, safe systems of work, permits to work system and emergency procedures.
[Total: 60 marks]