I just need the project part.
Project and Observation
You need to complete the scenario-based project below.
You receive an email from Nancy Tooket, Managing Director: Retail Operations. Email:
Subject: Company profile and branding update
As discussed at our recent management meeting, BizOps Enterprises has decide it is time to refresh its brand and increase the company profile with a view to increasing market share, particularly in the retail arm of the organisation. Currently we (Retail Operations) have 33 percent of the market; Strategic Directions has 38 percent; Apollo has 15 percent; Fergusson’s has 9 percent; and smaller businesses make up the rest.
Recently there have been some issues with our current approach identified through anecdotal information. The problem appears to be a lack of innovative ideas to project our brand, resulting in loss of potential customers and declining market coverage.
We know that there is room for improvement in how we are perceived in the market place. We already have a few ideas nit it would be good to know what current perception is – from our existing customers and also from potential customers. I would like to get ideas from our staff as well.
As our marketing manager, could you please conduct some research and let us know a bit more about the following so we can think about how we should move forward:
• Current perceptions of BizOps Enterprises
• Best practices in the use of logos and branding activities
• What other businesses are doing in this area
Please prepare a presentation to give to management and staff on Friday 26th August. Refer to the student instructions below for the details of the task requirements.
Regards, Nancy Tooket
Managing Director: Retail Operations
You will need to access and read the following BizOps Enterprises documents, policies and templates to familiarise yourself with the scope of the organsiation’s operations:
• Company profile
• Company business plan
• Organisation operational plan
• Information management policy
• Information action plan template
• Communication plan template
• Collected staff data
• Collected customer data
Read the information you have been given to help you response to the project’s requirements or provide the evidence and/or documents requested.
Complete the following tasks.
1. Use the information action plan template to develop an action plan for collecting data from staff and customers for the rebranding exercise by:
• Clarifying objectives and steps to take
• Determining the information you require
• Identifying the sources of the information, including research conducted via the internet, journals, articles or branding and marketing
• Clarifying the methods used to collect the data
• Describing what steps to take to test the data collection methods and results for sufficiency, validity and reliability.
2. Access the collected staff data and collected customer data. This data was collected by a series of surveys seeking opinions on branding and marketing issues. Analyse the data and prepare a report that outlines:
• The original objective
• How you are reviewed and analysed the data to identify any trends or emerging patterns and the cause of people’s perception of BizOps branding
• The range of methods selected for presenting the findings in a report
• The findings, using the selected ,methods
• Emerging trends or patterns
• Whether you have sufficient and reliable information
• New and innovative ideas from the results.
3. Use the communication plan template to complete a communication plan that determines how you will disseminate information internally to management and staff about BizOps’s rebranding. Make sure your plan adheres to any privacy and confidentiality policy requirements.
4. Once you have completed your action plan, analysis report and communication plan, your assessor will divide you in groups of 4 or 5. Where the other group members will enact as your team members and you need to brief your team members on the documents and report you have prepared and seek feedback from them. You trainer will assess you based on the observation checklist criteria and will go through the criteria’s before the assessment commences.
• Go through the assessment task with the students, and go through the project checklist with them. Explain to them the criteria their project will be assessed on.
• Divide them in groups of 4 or 5 and explain to them that they all need to prepare their own tasks they will just be observed as a group on the observation task criteria.
• Ensure that the classroom is ready for the simulated activity.
• Organize the table and chairs in such a way that it looks like a simulated meeting room.
• Go through the observation checklist to ensure that he students understand the criteria they will be assessed on
• Computer with Microsoft office and internet connection and
• Simulated meeting room
• Biz Ops documents
o Company profile
o Company business plan
o Organisation operational plan
o Information management policy
o Information action plan template
o Communication plan template
o Collected staff data
o Collected customer data
Did the learner:
Reviewed staff and customer feedback and business performance data
Organised, evaluated and critiqued ideas and information from a wide range of complex texts
Gathered and analysed data to improve plans and processes
Identified business problems and issues and related knowledge and data
Drew on a broad range of strategies to build and maintain understanding throughout complex texts
Identified information required to reach a decision on problem issues
Identified, sourced and gathered reliable information
Confirmed the objectives for analysis were clear, relevant and consistent with decisions required
Explored new and innovative ideas through analysis and critical thinking
Patterns and emerging trends were incorporated correctly and interpreted as to cause and effect
Applied statistical analysis and other techniques to draw conclusions relevant to decisions
Ensured advice/information needs were documented and were specific to location, format and time line requirements
Disseminated information to relevant groups and individuals, documented information and updated databases
Ensured information was up-to-date, accurate, relevant and sufficient for the recipient
Developed and implemented a communication plan
Planning and managing activities with implications for the whole organisation
Utilising formal and informal networks to access corporate knowledge and memory not held in the systems and review appropriately
Utilising statistical analyses and interpretation where appropriate
Using highly-developed numeracy skills to interpret complex statistical and researched information, performing calculations on data to render it usable and reportable
Ensuring documentation reflects a logical approach to the evaluation of the
Did the learner:
evidence and conclusion drawn
Contributing information and outcomes of analysis to decision making
Encouraging discussion and applying appropriate listening and questioning techniques while consulting with specialists and other relevant personnel
Ensuring decisions taken are within the delegation/accountability of the group/ individual responsible
Making decisions in accordance with guidelines and procedures
Making a high level decisions, analysing input from a range of sources and , where appropriate, drawing on experience
Ensuring decisions taken are consistent with organisational objectives, values and standards
Working autonomously making high level decisions to achieve and improve organisational goals
Taking a lead role in the development of organisational goals, roles and responsibilities
Developing and implementing strategies that endure organisational policies, procedures and regulatory requirements are being met
Generating complex written texts, demonstrating control over a broad range writing styles and purpose
Demonstrating sophisticated writing skills by selecting appropriate conventions and stylistic devices to express precise meaning
Presenting complex information in formal situations using language, tone and pace appropriate for the audience and purpose
Using a variety of relevant communication tools and strategies to access and
share information and to build and maintain effective working relationships
Updating databases regularly
Utilising technology which provides optimum efficiency and quality
Using digital technology to manage business operations and actively investigating new technologies for strategic and operational purposes
Student overall performance
Attempt 1 Satisfactory • Not Satisfactory •
Attempt 2 Satisfactory • Not Satisfactory •
Student signature: Date
Trainer signature Date
Student signature: Date
Trainer signature Date