Bachelor of Archives and Records Management
System Analysis and Design: Year 3 Semester 1
• Your assignment will be scanned on Turnitin software for plagiarism.
• You will be penalized if your assignment exceeds certain percentage of plagiarism and this includes awarding of a fail grade depending on the severity of the plagiarism report.
• You must stick to the assignment word count. You could lose marks if your assignment is below or above 10% of the word count.
• You must ONLY submit softy copy (Uploaded on Turnitin of your assignment when done). Assignments- containing viruses or those which cannot open will be awarded a fail grade.
• The submission deadline is Wednesday 16, October 2019. You must stick to this agreed deadline.
• Submit BOTH on Moodle and the Hardcopy
Alice in human resources department at Breadhope Solutions is constantly being asked by employees how much is taken out of their paychecks for insurance, taxes, medical, mandatory retirement and voluntary retirement. “It takes up to a few hours every day” says Alice.
She would like a web system that would allow employees to use a secure logon to view the information. Alice wants the system to interface with health and dental insurance companies to obtain the amount remaining in the employee’s account for the year. She would like to obtain retirement amounts saved along with investment results. Alice has a high regard for privacy and wants the system to have employees register and give permission to obtain financial amounts from the dental insurance and retirement companies.
1. Draw a use case diagram representing the activities of the Employee Benefit System. [10 Marks]
2. Write a use case scenario for the use case diagram you constructed for Breadhope Solutions. [10 Marks]
3. What level are you creating your use case at? Choose one of the four altitude metaphors and explain why you chose it. [5 Marks]
4. Create a context level data flow diagram for the Employee Benefit System. Make any assumptions about the data to and from the central process. Do you find this to be better or not as good at explaining the system to Alice than the use case scenarios. [10 Marks]
5. Draw a use case and write up a use case scenario for getting two or three email accounts. Think about the steps that are needed to ensure security. [10 Marks]
Mamochachos @ IDM is a small business that caters meals, receptions and banquets for business and social occasions such as manyalo, baby showers and graduation parties. It was inspired by Sethunya’s love of cooking and her talent for preparing fine meals. At first it was a small company with a handful of employees working on small projects. Sethunya met with customers to determine the number of people, the type of meals and other information necessary to cater an event. As their reputation for creating superb food and quality of the service began to blossom, the number of events started to increase. The building of a new convention center along with a prospering business community in the city, increase the number of catering events. Sethunya was able to manage the business using spreadsheets and word processing but found difficulty in keeping up with endless phone calls about what type of meals were available, changes to the number of guest attending the event, and the availability of specialty dietary items, such as vegan, vegetarian, low-fat, lowcarbohydrate and so on. Sethunya’s decision to hire a number of part-time employees to cook and cater the events meant that the complexity of scheduling personnel was becoming overwhelming to the new human resourses manager. Sethunya decided to hire your Consulting company to help her address the problems her catering company was facing.
After performing interviews and observing a number of key staff, the consultants found the following concerns:
1. The master chef ordered supplies (produce, meat, and so on) from suppliers for each event. The suppliers would provide discounts if greater quantities were ordered ata a single time for all events occurring in a given time.
2. Customers often called to change the number of guest for an event with some changes, made only one or two days before the event was scheduled.
3. It was too consuming for Sethunya and her staff to handle each request for catering with about 60 percent of the calls in a contract.
4. Conflicts in employee schedule were occurring and some event were understaffed. Complaints about the timeliness of service were becoming more frequent.
5. Sethunya does not have any summary information about the number of events and types of meals. It would be helpful to have trend information that would help guide her customers in their choice of meals.
6. Events are often held at hotels or other meeting halls, which provide table setting for sit-down meals. There are problems with having sufficient wait staff with the number of guests.
1. Given the above narration, prepare a SYSTEM REQUEST for the management of
Mamochachos. The system request should outline the problems, issues identified, the objectives of the system, the business need and the business requirements. Any special constraints identified should be included in your proposal. [20 Marks]
Ambrosia Seipato is concerned that too many forms are being filled out incorrectly. She feels that about 8 percent of all the forms have an error.
1. How large a sample size should Ms Seipato use to be 99 percent certain she will be within 0.02? [5 Marks]
2. How large a sample size should Ambrosia use to be 90 percent certain she will be within 0.02? [5 Marks]
3. Explain the difference between part a and b in words. [5 Marks]
4. Suppose Ms. Seipato accept a confidence level of 95 percent that she will be within 0.02. What will the sample size of the forms be now? [10 Marks]
You should use this section to reflect on what you learned from completing the assignment. a) Explain any problems you had and how you went about solving them.
b) Explain anything you would do differently if you were to start it again. [10 MARKS]
? The report should be professionally presented, checked and proofed. In addition, the report should be presented in a format and style appropriate for your intended audience. You must also include a list of references and you must always use correct Harvard referencing and avoid plagiarism throughout your work.
? Your answers to the tasks should be combined in a single word-processed report with an appropriate introduction. The report should be 1500 words +/- 10% in length (excluding tables).
? All references and citations must use the Harvard Style.
? You must submit a paper copy and digital copy (on disk or similarly acceptable medium).
Please use the following checklist to ensure that your work is ready for submission.
Has your Supervisor explained the following to you? What is Academic Misconduct? Guidance for Candidates and Avoiding Plagiarism and Collusion: Guidance for Candidates and ensured that you have acknowledged all the sources that you have used in your work? ? Have you completed the Statement and Confirmation of Own Work form and attached it to your assignment? You must do this. ?
Have you ensured that your work does not contain viruses and can be run directly? ?