PLEASE USE ATLEAST 15 REFERNECES APA style and read the file make according to it
Length: 2500 words (excluding references and appendix)
Case: Implementing lean project management to build your dream home
You have taken up a new job in Perth, Western Australia. Both your partner and you are very keen on wanting to build your own home. You come across the Keystart initiative (https://www.keystart.com.au/) by the government of Western Australia and have found out that you and your partner are eligible to apply. You have decided to submit an application, but will have to do the following:
• Identify the suburb you want to build and decide the land size you want to buy (this will depend on the budget you are willing to spend on the land)
• Research the market and identify potential home builders who will construct your dream home.
• Finalise the layout /design and agree on the cost to build the house with the chosen builder
• Enter into a deal Sign a land contract with the land developer – you will need to pay a deposit of AUD$2000 Sign a Pre-Work Construction (PWC) contract with the builder - you need to pay a deposit of AUD$2000 (in both contracts you have inserted the following clause: Deposit to be returned to client (in full) in the event of failure to obtain finance approval).
• Finally, you are now ready to submit an application to Keystart (can be done through the builder) to obtain finance to build your dream home.
The above activities can be efficiently managed through key project management processes. Where possible, you can also aim to implement lean project management principles to successfully manage the above activities.
This assessment is to be done INDIVIDUALLY. Your tasks: Answer the following questions:
1. Select and explain the project management processes (either from PMBOK or PRINCE2 or a combination of any best practices you have learned in this unit) that can help you: a. Choose the suburb and decide the land size b. Chose the best builder c. Identify the stakeholders for the project
2. What are the factors that will influence the design and layout of your dream home? Explain the project management processes you used to determine the design/layout.
3. Explain how you would implement lean best practices to achieve lean project management for (1) and (2) above.
Formatting. The write up should be presented in 1.5 line spacing, 12 point Times New Roman font. Answer each question with proper heading (see below):
1a) The choice of the suburb was based on ….Several project management processes were used ……
1b) The land size was decided based on….
This assessment item involves researching your assigned topic to enhance your understanding of lean project management concepts and utilisation of academic literature. Whilst you use the recommended textbooks and lecture materials, you may also refer to relevant peer reviewed, academic journal articles. A reference list formatted in the prescribed APA style is compulsory.
General Assessment Criteria
Incomprehensible submissions. Assessments provide the opportunity for students to demonstrate their knowledge and skills to achieve the required standard. To do this, assessment responses need to be both clear and easy to understand. If not, the University cannot determine that students have demonstrated their knowledge and skills. Assessments will, therefore, be marked according to the marking criteria (accompanied by the marking rubric). Failing to meet the requirements may result in 0 (zero) marks where relevant.
Do not reproduce statements from PMBOK or PRINCE2 or any other references without proper context. Example 1: Leadership is knowledge, skills, and behaviour required to guide, motivate and direct a team to achieve its business goals (copied from page 56 of PMBOK), as this is considered plagiarism, instead you must show how you would apply that statement to your case. Example 2: PMBOK version 6 constitutes 10 knowledge areas, 5 process groups and 49 process activities or PRINCE2 consists of 7 Principles, 7 Themes and 7 Processes.
Produce your answers for the case in question. DO NOT write about the theory or explain what PMBOK, PRINCE2, DMAIC methodology, etc covers. That will not attract any marks. You should demonstrate the application of the best practices not the theory.