Assessment 2 Information
Subject Name: Fundamentals of Entrepreneurship
Assessment Title: New venture short business plan (2500 words)
My product is that using coffee ground to produce anti-aging skincare product
• Your business plan will follow the format given follow as:
• Executive summary.
• Company description
• Market analysis and environmental scan
• Organisation & management: vision, mission and values
• Service or product line and business unit/product unit analysis and direction
• Marketing & sales: positioning, targeting and integrated marketing planning
• Functional level objectives and goals and budgetary funding request
• Financial projections and key performance measures
• Action planning and scheduling across all function plans
• Contingency and measurement
• You will then make a recommendation for the future development of your new idea.
• The word limit for this subject is 2500 words maximum and your document, however, must contain standard business reporting components such as a title page, executive summary, introduction and conclusion. You should also support your business plan using figures and tables and offer secondary source evidence where required.
Short Business PlanMarking Rubric
Criteria HD (High Distinction) 85%-100% DN (Distinction) 75%-84% CR (Credit) 65%-74%
(8 marks) o Comprehensive statement of aims and scope. o Sufficiently detailed statement of aims and scope o Solid outline of aims and scope
Research and analytical skills Material supported by secondary sources.
Conducted market scanning and analysis
(12 marks) o Critically analyses and interprets business specific information to an excellent level of understanding.
o Analysis clearly identifies, defines and applies relevant theories and concepts.
o Extensive research is evident; quality selection and range of scholarly sources employed. o Analyses and interprets business specific information to a high level of understanding.
o Analysis convincingly identifies, defines and applies relevant theories and concepts.
o High degree of research effort evident; quality selection and range of scholarly sources employed. o Analyses business specific information to a good working knowledge.
o Good working knowledge of relevant theories and concepts.
o Research is focused, drawn from an appropriate range of scholarly sources, however could be more extensive in nature.
Argument, conclusion and justification – developed objectives for business functions.
Offered strategy and actions for each of these
(12 marks) o Draws together the key findings of the analysis comprehensively and convincingly.
o Excellent evaluations with succinct & highly developed plan of action. o Draws together the key findings of the analysis comprehensively.
o Very good evaluations with a number of credible items in the action plan. o Draws together the key findings of the analysis in a well-written manner.
o Good evaluations with several reasonable items in the action plan.
Business plan structure – covered all components of the BP
(8 marks) o Writing is consistently cohesive and of excellent academic and professional standard.
o Grammar and spelling are flawless (or close enough) t.
o Seamless flow between discussion points and sections.
o Business plan is professionally presented to required formatting standards. o Writing is cohesive and of high academic and professional standard.
o Grammar and spelling are of excellent quality.
o Logical and rational flow between discussion points and sections.
o Formatting is well presented with only minor errors. o Writing is easily readable but not always cohesive.
o Grammar and spelling are very good.
o Ideas/themes developed, but connections not always obvious.
o Flow and readability have opportunity for improvement.
o Format chosen is mostly appropriate.