Assessment Details and Submission Guidelines
Trimester Ti 2019
Unit Code HK2011
Unit Title Buyer Behaviour
Assessment Type Group Report and Presentation
Assessment Title Group Assignment
Purpose of the assessment (with UW MaPPIII) 1) Evaluate theoretical and practical knowledge of Buyer Behaviour.
2) Analyse how buyer behaviour is influenced by internal and external factors.
3) Apply theoretical and practical knowledge of Buyer Behaviour in the diagnosis of organisational issues and the formulation of appropriate marketing strategies.
Weight 30% of the total assessments
Total Marks 30
Word limit Report: Not more than 2000 words
Presentation: not more than 10 minutes
Due Date Friday 5pm of Week 10
Stinvistion • All work must be submitted on Blackboard by the due date along with a completed Assignment Cover Page.
Guidelines • The assignment must be in MS Word format, single line spacing, 12-pt Arial font and 2 an margins on all four sides of your page with appropriate section headings and page numbers.
• Reference sources must be cited in the text of the report, and listed appropriately at the end in a reference list using Halyard referencing style.
Assignment 1 Specifications
Teams of approximate 4 students will work together to analyse a new mobile phone from the perspective of a consumer and marketer. The Huawei Mate20 has been making some good gains in the market since its launch. You will be required analyse various buyer behaviour concepts (see required structure) in relation to the iMate 20 and then consider recommendations to competitors of the iMate 20. Students can refer to the following article for details of the iMate 20:
Assignment Structure should be as the following:
Required report structure below (word count recommendations are approximate):
1. An introduction the purpose and the content of the report. (200 words)
2. Analyse the current segmentation, targeting and positioning for the iMate 20. (300 words)
3. Consider how the iMate 20 satisfies the needs and wants of consumers. (250 words)
4. Consider how a consumer may go through the decision-making process in a purchase of a mobile phone (200 words)
5. Analyse how a consumer may be influenced to by the Huawei Mate20:
a. Internal influences (350 words)
b. External influences (350 words)
6. Make a recommendation for competitors of the iMate 20, considering your analysis. (350 words)
7. Summary (200 Words)
Required Presentation structure below (timing recommendations are approximate):
1. An introduction the purpose and the content of the presentation. (1 minute)
2. Consider how a consumer may go through the decision-making process in a purchase of a mobile phone (2 minutes)
3. Analyse how a consumer may be influenced to by the Huawei Mate20:
a. Internal influences (2 minutes)
b. External influences (2 minutes)
4. Make a recommendation for competitors of the iMate 20, considering your analysis. (2 minutes)
5. Summary (1 minute)