STUDENT ASSESSMENT DETAILS
1. Research Paper 1: Assessment criteria
Length/Limit: 20 %
2000 words 1
Individual assignment. DUE WEEK 5
This assignment’s purpose is to perform a country analysis and assessment of a new emerging market where rapid GDP growth has created attractive investment opportunities.
Each student will be required to pick one of the following countries and perform an assessment of its potential and opportunity for Foreign Direct Investment (FDI).
Countries: China, India, Russia, Thailand, Indonesia, Turkey, Nigeria, Mexico, Eastern European countries, etc. Choose your country for this assignment with the consultation of your lecturer.
Your report must address the following key areas:
• General overview of the country or region
• Political, Economic, Socio-cultural and Technological influences/benefits/ advantages
• National resource and factor endowments that create competitive advantage
• Foreign currency and exchange influences
• The countries existing trade policies, systems, barriers and incentives
• Existing levels of Foreign Direct Investment
• Summary and recommendation based on your assessment
You will need to cite material from academic texts or articles or official sources, e.g. government reports, and the final report
MUST BE WRITTEN IN YOUR OWN WORDS.
All reports must contain in-text citation and an accurate and complete set of references at the end of the paper.
Your report and presentation will be assessed as follows:
Report structure, written presentation ( 3 marks)
Executive Summary (3 marks)
Knowledge of concepts and course material( 6 marks)
Investigative and research skills shown (5 marks)
Overall impression of excellence( 3 marks)