Assessment Item 3 Written Report
Due date: Week 10 (Sunday, midnight, Darwin Time)
Length: Maximum 3000-3500 words
Task: Select any one from the list below:
• Harvey Norman
• Commonwealth Bank of Australia
• BUPA Health insurance
Consider their presence in Australian market only. Examine their website and social media presence (including LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter and any others). Analyse the impact of Social Media on their core business. For this purpose, you will need to follow these steps.
1. Select any business from the list above that you would like to investigate within Australia
2. Identify all their social media channels and what they are being used for (for example, they may be using social media for recruitment, marketing, sales, creating a presence and increasing the reach etc)
3. Analyse how each of these channels are being used by the business and report this.
4. Establish the positives and negatives of the use of social media. Identify any issues or problems with the current social media usage.
5. Identify additional social media channels that can be used to enhance their business and profits.
6. Provide clear recommendations with a forward planning strategy as to what the business should do, with justifications. This may include removing some channels that are not reliable, adding on more channels or a better mix, etc.
7. Tables, graphs, visuals may be used as embedded in the text.
8. References will be as per Harvard Referencing style, in text citations and a list of references.
Assessment criteria: The assessment criterion is mentioned in the assessment rubrics for the assessment item.