ACCT 602 FINANCIAL ACCOUNTING AND REPORTING
Individual Research Report
No more than 2500 words.The essay should also show extensive evidence of research, pursue a coherent argument and have a sound structure and analytical framework. You are expected to use journals and textbooks published after 2000. Cite references in Harvard style.
1. Identify an area of research that you believe is both important and interest, and write a short paragraph indicating why you believe this area of research is important, and why it is interest. (400 words)
Note: My research topic is on “Corporate Social Responsibility”
2. Write down a research question that would guide your exploration in the area of research interest that you have identified. (approximately 100 words)
3. Find EIGHT (8) academic journal articles that relate to your area of research interest – write a maximum of 150 words for each article indicate why that article is relevant to your research, and the useful information and findings that it conveys for this project. (1200 words max)
4. Discuss the findings of the research above in relation to your research question (approximately 300 words)
5. In approximately 500 words indicate which of the accounting theories you have studied this semester might help to explain your research questions, and why these accounting theories would be appropriate.
6. Refer to academic journals, but not Wikipedia, etc.
7. You must include an abstract, introduction, conclusion and references.
Research Essay format
1) Abstract: 100 words
2) Table of contents:
3) Introduction: 80 words
4) Why this topic is important and reasons for selection: 300 words
5) Research question: 80 words
6) Findings of 8 academic articles (published after 2000), research area related: 8*150 words= 1200 words Note: write 8 articles separately in 8 paragraphs.
7) Findings of research in relation to research question: 250 words
8) Relevant accounting theory which can help to explain research question and why this theory is appropriate: 450 words Note: apply legitimacy theory
9) Conclusion: 80 words