Foundations of Information
Technology (Business) BBS102 / BHM102 / BAC 102
Individual Assignment Details
Mr Peter Steven Matheis
© Melbourne Polytechnic 2018
Any third party materials included in this presentation are attributed.
Word Count: 1800 words
Due: Week 8 (Friday 5pm)
Details: Students will prepare a research-based report which identifies the significance of ICT in a business environment.
Students will select one of the following advances in ICT (next slide) within business and research into how the selected ICT issue impacts industry.
You are expected to provide a research piece on the selected ICT innovation within business.
Evaluate the pressing benefits and issues the ICT innovation has within business and provide a range of recommendations regarding the implementation of the selected ICT application.
Students must select ONE of the following ICT innovations of interest.
Information technology fosters innovation in business. Innovation results in smarter apps, improved data storage, faster processing, and wider information distribution. Innovation makes businesses run more efficiently. And innovation increases value, enhances quality, and boosts productivity.
1. Digital Marketing;Businesses that have embraced the
innovation paradigm tend to:
2. Cloud Computing;(1) have more accurate business planning;
(2) have more effective marketing;
3. Online Shopping;(3) have higher global sales; 4. VoiP Communication;(4) have more systematic management;
(5) use real time monitoring; and
5. Social Networking.(6) offer instant customer support.
The following sections should be fulfilled to be awarded full marks.
1. Provide an Introduction on the background of the selected ICT innovation;
2. Complete a research review on the ICT innovation, discussing the evolution and application;
3. Discuss key benefits and issues resulting from the application of the ICT innovation within business;
4. Conduct a case study analysis on a selected industry and company with regards to the ICT innovation application;
5. Recommend a variety of recommendations with supporting evidence and suggestions.
? All reports must be typed in Times New Roman or Calibri size 12 font; ??A minimum of one and a half spacing must also be used;
? Must use comprehensive in-text referencing (minimum 5 references);
? A table of contents is required;
? Assignment is to be presented in report style, with a title, subheadings, and page numbers;
? An executive summary is necessary and you must have an introduction and conclusion;
? Any detection of plagiarism will lead to an immediate fail grade in the task, and possible exclusion from the subject. Each reportwill be assessed individually on the percentage of similarity as it is not possible to stipulate an ‘acceptable’ percentage, it depends on the nature of similarity detected;
? Reports are to be submitted online via Turnitin Moodle;
? The word limit for this report is 1800 words (+/- 10%) excluding references;
? References to ‘Wikipedia’ or to similar unsubstantiated sources will NOT be accepted.