ITECH 5500 – Professional Research and Communication
Research Literature Review - 2018
In this assignment you will be given a topic to research and will need to provide an in-depth analysis of how it applies to you. The topic is “Self-Efficacy”.
Timelines and Expectations
Percentage Value of Task: 20%
Due: 17.00 Fri, May 11, 2018 - (Week 8)
Minimum time expectation: 10-15 hours
Learning Outcomes Assessed
The following course learning outcomes are assessed by completing this assessment:
S1. Utilise effective communication practice in organisations.
S2. Demonstrate expert English language skills in academic and professional contexts.
S3. Evaluate the quality and utility of literature sourced.
S4. Undertake a literature review for an organisational IT research project.
A1. Compose a research proposal and report on a topic related to an organisational IT research project.
A2. Present written and oral reports to academic and organisational audiences.
This assignment is broken up into two parts
• Part A (15 marks) – This can be done individually or in pairs
• Part B (5 marks) – Must be done individually
Part A (15 marks)
This section can be done individually or in pairs. If you work in pairs clearly identify the person that you worked with.
Each group is to submit an essay of 1500 to 2000 words. Your essay should be about the topic of selfefficacy and should include
• An abstract
CRICOS Provider No. 00103D
• A section (no more than 500 words) on what self-efficacy is. You should include a description of self-efficacy, why it is considered important, how it differs from efficacy and the major factors that contribute to self-efficacy. Include anything else you think is relevant to this topic.
• A section (no more than 750 words) on research into self-efficacy on a topic of your choice. For example, there is research on self-efficacy and nursing, sports, business, IT, rock-climbing and many other topics. You should find at least four academic papers on your particular topic and provide a literature review. This review should be more than just a summary of each paper – it should be a synthesis of the most important parts and how they relate. Some things you might look at are o How the research questions compare o What the motivations of the researchers were o What type of research they conducted o Anything else of interest
• A conclusion which summarises what you’ve written. It should include your opinion, based on your findings, on whether self-efficacy is a topic that should be explicitly taught in schools
• A reference section in APA style
Please remember that you must NOT include large slabs of text from the papers you read. Most of the essay should be in your own words.
Submit this part to part A on Moodle. If you worked in pairs only one copy of the assignment should be submitted and it should clearly contain the names of both contributors.
Part B (5 marks) – Individual (250 words maximum)
This section must be done individually. Provide a personal account of your own thoughts about self-efficacy. Do you feel that there are occasions in which low self-efficacy has stopped you attempting things or achieving goals? Suggest ways in which you might explicitly improve your own self-efficacy in a topic that’s important to you.
This section should be submitted separately from the main essay (from part A).
Submit your completed essay via the given Moodle link.
Plagiarism is the presentation of the expressed thought or work of another person as though it is one's own without properly acknowledging that person. You must not allow other students to copy your work and must take care to safeguard against this happening. More information about the plagiarism policy and procedure for the university can be found at http://federation.edu.au/students/learning-andstudy/online-help-with/plagiarism.
CRICOS Provider No. 00103D
Student Id. Student Name
Assessment Mark Mark
• Significant concepts
• Key aspects of the paper /5
• Background, context, overview /5
Description of self-efficacy:
• Clear description of self-efficacy
• Clear description of its importance and its application
• Clear description factors contributing to it
• Identification of other factors relevant to self-efficacy • Kept within word limit /15
• Current, balanced, relevant, significant
• Multidisciplinary and extensive
• Literature clearly summarised and clear connection to the give topic
• Papers chosen relevant to the topic
• Important themes identified
• Kept within word limit /25
Application of self-efficacy to personal goals (Part B):
• Clearly explain how different contributing factors apply to personal goals
• Clear plan of how to improve self-efficacy in a particular goal of interest /25
• Coherent summary of paper as a whole
• A clear opinion on whether self-efficacy should be taught at schools /5
• Style and structure- concise and cohesive
• Spelling and grammar- evidence of proof-reading /10
• Range of references
• Correct use of citation and referencing
• University guide followed e.g. APA referencing /10
Scaled out of 20
The assignment will be marked and returned within two weeks of the submission date
CRICOS Provider No. 00103D
Editable Microsoft Word Document (Part A)
Word Count: 1614 words including References
Editable Microsoft Word Document Part B)
Word Count: 222 words including References
Title: Self EfficacyBuy Now at $19.99 USD
This above price is for already used answers. Please do not submit them directly as it may lead to plagiarism. Once paid, the deal will be non-refundable and there is no after-sale support for the quality or modification of the contents. Either use them for learning purpose or re-write them in your own language. If you are looking for new unused assignment, please use live chat to discuss and get best possible quote.