Assessment Task 1: Written Assignment
Description: ASSESSMENT 1: Reflective assignment
Reflect on the social and cultural factors which have shaped your views of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.
Consider influences such as mass media and the literature that has shaped your views of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people. Comparisons of indigenous peoples from other countries may inform your descriptions and discussion of similarity that might be experienced by Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
Consider the following points when constructing your assignment:
• reflect on how your personal views of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples have been shaped;
• Describe family and/or personal history influences on your perceptions of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples
• there should be no introduction or conclusion;
• the assignment should be written in the first person;
• review the marking rubric associated with this assessment item as your marks will be allocated based on rubric criteria.
The following links may provide some assistance with writing reflectively and developing your assignment:
The ACU Study Guide: Skills for Success (2012 pp.56-57) https://leocontent.acu.edu.au/file/d092967b-9860-4d8c-91b7-
Academic Writing: Reflective Writing
Review the marking rubric associated with this assessment item as your marks will be allocated based on rubric criteria.
Word limit: 750 words (+-10%)
Due date: Monday 19th March @ 2355
Length and/or format: 750 words
HLSC120 Indigenous Health and Culture final February 17 2018