Assessment item 3
Markets segments and decision making
Due date: 07-Jan-2018
Return date: 30-Jan-2018
Length: 2500 words
Submission method options
Alternative submission method
The next stage of the marketing audit is for you to consider the market for your organisation and evaluate the opportunities and threats that exist for
your chosen organisation. NB: if you have a number of markets it is a good idea to focus on just one.
Incorporating theoretical concepts into your discussion from chapters 2, 4, 5 and 6 (are these in relation to the new or the old version of the book) of the text, and with the use of other theoretical sources and secondary research, please discuss the following:
1. Briefly describe the industry market for your organisation and evaluate current trends in:
c. Macro environment (PESTLE factor)
2. Outline and examine the major market segments for your organisation and identify your primary, and secondary target markets
3. Discuss the level of involvement your primary segment is likely to have towards your organisation in terms of the decision making.
4. Describe the nature of competition in your industry. Explain and analyse your organisation's place in the market by comparing and contrasting its strengths and weaknesses to your main competitor.
5. Taking into consideration the primary segment, their level of involvement and the competition, create a positioning map for the market place.
More information on how to complete this assessment will be provided on interact 2
Online submission via Tumitin is required for this assignment. Details will be provided by your subject lecturer.
This assessment assesses the following learning outcomes:
• be ableto find relevant and important information about organisations, their industries and marketplaces from secondary sources;
• be ableto evaluatethe key marketing aspects of segmentation, targeting and positioning
• and be ableto analysean organisation's approach to STP.
Criterion Jhe various skills to be assessed Fail Pass Credit )istinction High Distinction
Communication Skills This is about the presentation of the work Poor grammar, spelling, punctuation, concepts were not clear, no Some grammatical errors, sentences were clear and complete clear Minor grammatical errors, ree of grammatical errors ,Structure and format were clear Free of grammatical errors
sentences were clear and Sentences'i were well constructed. Structure and format were
complete, structure and clear, logical and consistent.
including: Structure, paragraphs or formatting- structure and formatting format were used to aid _anguage was concise. Excellent Sentences were well
Format, Grammar, including images no images, tables or illustrations using headings, and sub headings, some the reader including diagrams, tables and use of diagrams, images and tables that were both visually constructed. Exceptional use of diagrams, images and tables,
Value 10% Marks 0-2 illustrations and images, that were relevant appealing as well as clearly clearly relevant, explained and
Grade range 0-6 diagrams, but not to argument, but were still -elevant and explained insightful links made
explained and only decorative not fully explained or described Marks 4.5 Marks 6
Marks 2.5 Marks 3.5
Theoretical analysis skills Concepts were not defined, described or concepts were defined, there was an attempt to clear and relevant definitions and Clear definitions, descriptions with examples and analysis of Clear definitions, descriptions with examples and analysis of
This criterion is about evaluated, mainly listed provide descriptions with descriptions with concepts with comparison, with concepts with highly insightful
defining, describing and evaluating the without explanation Marks 0-5 examples to explain, limited analysis examples, some attempt to develop analysis by clear evaluations and conclusions Marks 7.5-8.5 and perceptive comparisons, evaluations and conclusions
concepts that were found when researching the topic Value 40% Grade range 0-10 Marks 5.5 comparing and contrasting Marks 9-10
Report format should be used for Assessment Three. However, you do not need to include an executive summary for the second assessment
Use an abbreviation of the questions as your section headings: i.e. (1) Industry trends, (2) Market segments overall, (3) Primary segment and decision making, (4) Competition, (5) Positioning map for organisation
Referencing should use APA 6th edition- see CSU library for tutorials and guide Requirements
This assignment must be submitted through Tumitin.
It is recommended that your name, student ID and page number are included in the header or footer of every page of the assignment.
Further details about submission in Turnitin are provided in On-line submission.