Assessment item 3: Report (50%): Trends and Challenges of IHRM for MNCs
Due date: 9th October 2017 (Monday), via turnitin by 12 midnite. Word doc. only
Length: 2500 words (+/-10%) (only from introduction to conclusion included in word count)
Task Assume that you work in a multinational corporation (MNC). As the Head of HR you have been given the task to prepare a Business Report to critically review and evaluate the current trends and challenges affecting HRM internationally.
You have to critically analyse how these challenges impact on the future HRM practices for your MNC.
In answering this question you will need to:
• Identify three key trends and challenges for international HRM (e.g. technology, education, mobility, health and safety,etc.).
• Analyse how these three trends and challenges impact upon, and affect the HRM practices for an MNC.
• Support your discussion with at least 12 academic references.
Business Report Format
Cover Page (student name, Id, report title, lecturer name, and word count)
Table of content with page number
Introduction (10-15% of word limit):
• General Theory of topic selected
• What the essay will be about and the three trends selected
Main Body (70-80% of word limit): What the essay is about. Journey itself providing detailed explanations by signposts.
• You have to use headings and sub-headings for each section.
• About 700-800 words for each trends and impact
• For each Trends/Challenges you must
o first describe the trends
o followed by critical reviews from multiple perspective about the trends at international context
o than look critically at the impact of that trend on some HR practices in your MNC/ about 1-2 HR practices will be sufficient (eg: Talent Management and retention, Training & Development, Career Management, Performance Management, etc.)
o You must also look at the general cultural similarities and differences when evaluating the impact of the trends on the HR practices as mentioned in your marking rubric.
o end it by providing your own arguments/critical evaluation about the trend and its impact on HR practice
o Ensure you have supported with clear in-text citation and aligned it with reference list
Conclusion and recommendations (10-15% of word limit):
• What essay has been about retrospectively: Reflect on the essence of the journey and summarize clearly all the key point’s discussed
• Based on the impact of the trends/challenges, what will be some of your recommendations as the HR Manger to manage it.
• Minimum 12 academic sources listed using APA6 format
**Note (very important):
• Marking is strictly based on the rubric as provided in the subject outline. Kindly read and apply it.
• Please submit on the DRAFT link first on turnitin to check for similarity because if it’s on the FINAL link and you have similarity above 25% we been asked to report the case for plagiarism investigation.
• There will be a 10% strict penalty of marks for each day late. Being a 50% assessments, that is equal to 5 marks deduction for each day late