Assessment 1: ESSAY Research Presentation – Examine a National Premium Brand 20%
Research and write a discussion paper on Fashion Premium Brands and their relationship with consumer behavior.
1. Assessment Instructions:
Research and critically analyse the statement presented below and present your findings in a referenced discussion paper.
“Within the fashion industry, premium brands are in step with the lifestyles, values and attitudes of modern society and culture through brand recognition, product innovation and a strong consumer base”.
Address the various issues, and consider the relevance and comparisons to other products and services.
Research for this report will involve both primary and secondary sources of information. Primary sources of information could include your own observations and, where possible, interviews with any relevant parties (e.g. consumers, suppliers, etc.).
Secondary sources of information will include undertaking appropriate literature research on articles, publications and journals that comment on addressing consumer behavior with regards to brands and the extent to which this has an impact in contributing to the brands’ success.
Ideally, the paper should display a well-balanced argument and critique in the following areas: (MUST INCLUDE ALL THIS IN TO MAKE SURE YOU ANSWER CORRECTLY THE REQUEST OF THIS PAPER!!!)
• How does buyer sophistication affect the purchase of a premium brand product?
• The investment in points of difference in Premium brands in their product/service strategy
• If consumers do not perceive the relevance, distinction and appeal of the brand, will they purchase a cheaper alternative?
• Is design innovation and quick turnaround times applicable to fashion premium
brands to avoid designs being ‘copied’ quickly?
• Do ‘history’ and ‘heritage’ brands still hold their value? Do premium brands need to have these ‘traits’ to be deemed a prestige brand
2. Assessable Criteria
You will be assessed on the following requirements:
3. Submission Requirements:
• The paper should be no more than 1500 words (+/- 10%, not including bibliography/appendices).
• This assessment may be uploaded to Turnitin for an originality report. Any submissions that have more than 15% similarity will need to be redone.
Learning Outcomes addressed:
1. Distinguish luxury, prestige and premium concepts or brands within the retail fashion and textile industry.
2. Apply design and business brand value and management theories.
3. Apply management and marketing principles to premium brand conception.
4. Investigate and examine brand image, culture and vision within the global fashion and textile industry