CIS8011 – assessment item
Makeup Assignment S2-CIS8011-2016
Due date: 16th January 2017
Value: Makeup Assignment
Description: Business Report
Email submission will NOT be accepted in any circumstance.
The assignment should be packaged as one single pdf file and then submitted via the link provided on the course page.
Makeup assignment is individual submissions. You are asked to submit the assignment simply though the link provided at the course website.
You are encouraged to discuss the assignment solution path with others to improve your understanding and clarify requirements but you should develop the solution to the assignment on your own.
You are expected to write a thoroughly researched and analysed report on the following.
You have been hired as a consultant by an organization/Business. The company is a small to medium business which specialises in selling goods and services primarily using their contact centre.
Recently they had a significant growth in sales. Upon reviewing the sales calls they have found that they have a low conversion rate. The recent increase was due to a marketing campaign in which they hired a number of temporary staff to perform a lot of outgoing calls. The executives want to verify this suspicion but are not aware of how to do this. If the trend is valid they would like to find ways to increase the outgoing call volume without having to hire a large number of temporary staff members. If the trend is not valid they would like to know how they could increase the conversion rate.
Prepare a strategy report for the Chief Executive Office and Chief Information Officer which suggests digital innovation to validate or invalidate the trend. The executives would also like to know if there is any technology which can help to support their call centre by automating and assisting with outgoing calls and increase the conversion rate.
Page 1 of 2
CIS8011 – assessment item
Further to the part one above, top management would like you to explore the solutions a little further by analysing how to potentially adopt some of your digital innovation recommendations into the organisation. They are interested in understanding which technology needs to be adopted, how it can be integrated, any structural or managerial changes which are needed and how to build digital trust within the community and market place. The organisation does not have a lot of additional capital and as such requires a detailed cost benefit analysis to be performed and KPI’s to be identified to ensure the digital innovation is being integrated in an efficient and effective manner.
• You need to upload your assessment item in pdf file through the link available on the course web site.
• You are not required to submit the plagiarism report for the journal. However, you are strongly recommended to check the journals using a plagiarism application (this can be any application that detects plagiarism) and keep the report safely. If the report is found to contain ‘similarities’ then you will be awarded with a ‘zero’ and automatically referred to the Faculty for further action.
• Email submission will NOT be accepted in any circumstance.
• The entire report including appendices will be packaged as one single pdf file and then submitted.
• Students should complete this assignment individually. You are encouraged to discuss the assignment with others to improve your understanding and clarify requirements but you should develop the solution to the assignment on your own.
• Any delays in submission MUST be accompanied with proper approval documentation, despite the course leader approving this. So please attach the approval to this assignment as markers may not have access to delay approvals. If the approval documentation is not found, late penalty, as per university rules, will be levied.
• Assignments MUST be submitted in the link provided. If they are not submitted via the link, then it is assumed that submission was not made. If the assignments were submitted in other locations, it is very difficult to track them, as the course team have no access to other locations.
• No need to attach plagiarism report. You keep it for any future reference.
• Late submission may attract penalties as per the USQ/BELA requirements (for further details see the www.usq.edu.au )
Page 2 of 2