Assignment 3- Case Study 2
Wtg% Due date Notes
Individual Case Study 2 (2000 words)
Strict adherence to the word limit is essential with a 10% margin either way - only.
Note: please see Style Guide in this Assessment File for all referencing 100 45 Thursday 13th October
2016 See below
You should write the case study in such a way that you start your answers from line 1. That is, there is no need to large introductions that we see in essays. You should apply the principles you have learned from the lecture material/tutorials/readings that are specific to the case study. Case Study 2 answers should be written in narrative form (i.e. sentences must be used, avoid bullet points), and should be 2000 words, give or minus a 10% margin only and single spaced. Each case study should be referenced by including a list of references at the end of the case. More marks are gained by the quality of research applied in practice and the overall quality of the answer. Please Note: Overall word count does not include Tables and Figures which you are free to use if required. You should include in your case study:
1. A cover sheet with your Name, Student Number, Course Name, Lecturer, Semester and Date of Submission;
2. Your assignment should be submitted using the Study Desk via the Turnitin link - which has been provided;
3. Please quote the relevant texts and readings to support your answers. Answers in the narrative section of your case answers unsupported by readings will be regarded as guesswork and generalisations and will not pass the case assessment;
4. If you feel you need to attach some other interesting report or facts not required in the main body of your case answer, please add this as an appendix. Then in your text close to where you discuss this, you should add in brackets (please refer Appendix 1) - for example. Pleas see the Style Guide below for how to use references in your case studies. Task/Questions for the case can be found at the conclusion of the case.
Individual Case Study 2
Use the WMC case information from Case Study 1.
Based on your analysis of WMC in Case Study 1, you are now required to continue your external change advice to the Board. Case Study 2 requires you to apply change intervention ideas to solve the company’s range of change issues. Use the same list of issues and assumptions from Case Study 1. However, if needed, add additional relationship and behavioural assumptions based on less than perfect information as follows:
1. Based on readings a) McFillen et al (Reading 11), b) Rafferty et al (Reading 12) and c) Barratt-Pugh et al (Reading 13) what is the relationship between change readiness and change agents? Use Hayes (2014) Chapter 13 as a reference point as well. (600 words).
2. Based on your analysis of WMC, now adapt and redraw Figure 15.7 and 15.8 in Hayes (2014) Chapter 15. Explain the reason why you placed an ‘X’ where you did and use facts from the case to support your answers (400 words).
3. Use an open systems diagram similar to Figure 3.1.2 (Module 3) at the organisation level to outline the inputs, processes and outputs of WMC. Populate each box with at least three (3) numbered points and a brief description of the point. Then below the Table, describe in more detail each point. (500 words).
4. Using Kotter’s Integrative Model of organizational dynamics (Hayes, (2014) Chapter 7) redraw and adapt the Figure to suit your analysis of WMC. Now using facts from the problem statement plus your own assumptions from Case Study 1, explain your analysis using the short, medium and long term as described in Chapter 7. (500 words).
Please note: use a minimum of 10 references (including the one’s listed above) to support your answers.