understand the project life cycle: initiation, planning, executing, controlling and closing
describe project management knowledge areas and process groups
apply project management software to help plan and manage information technology projects.
You are required to provide a professional business report to the CEO and board of directors such that they are able to formulate strategies and allocate resources for the implementation of the project. This is a report for the implementation plan and it must not exceed 2000 words. This is a business report, fully researched and developed with supporting arguments sourced from credible journals. This component should be validated through a plagiarism software. It must contain:
1. a comprehensive pre and post implementation plan of the new customer systems for the organisation;
2. an implementation plan detailing time, cost and resource schedules. This is a project management document and you must fully demonstrate your skills in presenting a project management plan;
3. an identification of resources required to implement the above project plan;
4. a highlighting of potential risks (including challenges) and how these risks can be mitigated;
5. strategies to tracking project progress (including cost) for the project; and
6. a set of recommendations as to how the project can be successfully implemented.
The above components are to be presented to the CEO, and therefore need to be succinct and meaningful. The assignment should be thoroughly researched, with evidence provided through references. The CEO is keen to see a well-argued case, highlighting insights as to the key aspects, and would like to see strong points arguing your case as to the tactics and strategies for project tracking.
The above documents should be developed clearly using project tools that are available to you. As per the presentation, use your imagination to make any assumptions necessary for your report (e.g. solution cost) - you are required to state your assumptions clearly and package the documents in a professional report to management for their consideration.
Other Report Submission Requirements:
For this assignment, you must use a plagiarism detection application to ensure that this assignment is plagiarism-free. Please note that report generation through TURNITIN can take longer than expected and you should submit your assignment through TURNITIN well in advance to avoid last minute delays.
Note also the following requirements:
1. Remember to state your assumptions clearly prior to developing the above documents and your modelling.
2. Only a PDF format of the final report is to be submitted through the specific link provided at the course website (all other mode of submissions will be treated as a failure to submit).
3. Please note that there is no need to attach a plagiarism report. However, the markers will be instructed to verify that the content is original. If discrepancies are found, your work will be marked zero and you will be referred to the faculty for ‘academic misconduct’. Therefore, you are encouraged to check your written document for any potential plagiarism or collusion issues before submission.
4. Any delays in submission must be accompanied with proper approval documentation, despite the course leader approving a delay in another forum or medium. Attach the approval to this assignment as markers may not have access to delay approvals. If the approval documentation is not found a late penalty will be levied as per university rules.
5. Assignments must be submitted via the link provided. If they are not submitted via the link, then it is assumed that submission was not made. If the assignments were submitted in other locations, it is very difficult to track them, as the course team have no access to other locations, and the course team can’t assume responsibility.