Weighting: Written Report 20% and Oral Presentation 10% = 30%
Length: 3000 words for Report. 10 minutes for Presentation.
Due Date: Week 11 (By Fri by 5 pm) for Written report
Presentations = During Week 10, 11 n 12
Note: Students are required to discuss the topic with their lecturer before they start the assignment.
This assignment must be done as part of group. Students are to form groups of 4 to 5 (may vary depending on class size) and will be allocated one organization/industry from the following list:
1 Business School/University in Australia
2 Any small to medium manufacturing company in Australia
3. Fitness industry
4. Organic food
5. Any tourist resort in Australia
6. Farm House in Australia
Other organisations are possible to be negotiated with your lecture (at least 2 weeks prior to the Marking Criteria for Group Assignment
Students Please Note: Each group member must participate equally in the preparation, presentation, and group report writing and ensuing seminar discussion.
Each group is to prepare a written report (in report format of approximately 3500 words) and an oral presentation (in PowerPoint format) of approximately 15 minutes duration, outlining the following:
1. Executive Summary with key findings and recommendations
2. Clear and concise description of the market in which the organization operates
3. Summary of the marketing environment (both micro and macro-environmental forces and trends)
4. Detailed description of how the market is (or may be) segmented and a statement of the segment(s) that the organization is targeting.
5. Brief discussion of the behaviour of customers in the segment(s) identified above
6. A description of the marketing mix being used by the organization to target these segments
7. A recommendation for improvements to the organization’s marketing effort.